All reviews basse provence wine tasting short drive pork belly thatched roof wine estate cheese platter bath and shower underfloor heating lovely place town centre excellent stay honeymoon suite beautiful location mont rochelle martha wedding
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

This was the perfect stop for a rainy Sunday afternoon after doing a number of stops in the Francshoek wineries. The food was gorgeous, I wish I could have had everything on the menu. I had the sirloin steak and vegetables with a glass of Pinotage and is still the best meal I have had by far. I will definitely go back when I am in Cape Town

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
CassieJR, Manager at Rickety Bridge Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Good day.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed Paulina's restaurant and your recommendations to others is extremely welcome.
Thank you form all of the staff at Tarpaulin's restaurant on Rickety Bridge winery.

My kind regards
Cassie Roche

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We stayed at Rickety Bridge recently for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon. The staff there are most welcoming and helpful. The room had everything we needed and the breakfast was good in the morning. The thatch has recently been replaced which triggered our hayfever but we were alerted to this on our arrival. The house has lovely views over the vineyard and a lovely little pool out the back for a dip. The only comment I would make it that tourists visiting the vineyard arrive quite early and often take photos outside the house which can be quite disturbing and noisy when they arrive at 9am so perhaps the management can do something to discourage this.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Morning
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
It was wonderful to welcome you here as part of your honeymoon.

The comments about the tour group is most helpful and we have taken steps to alleviate this problem with a security guard showing people that the grass in front of the manor is out of bounds.

I do hope we will see you again at Rickety Bridge.
Regards

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We didn't get the room I reserved which was a bit disappointing as our room was right next to the car park with not much view. The bathroom needed a bit of a clean as it was q bit dusty in places and the shower drain was blocked so water gathered at your feet while you showered.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Morning
I am sorry to hear that you did not get the room you booked and that it was not completely satisfactory.
If you could send me an email, I would like to look into this. As you can see from the other reviews we normally deliver a five star guest service and would like to have done thos for your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Our stay was very brief but we were very happy with all the facilities and service given. This is wonderful cosy comfortable space with a high quality offering. We didn't have time to have breakfast disappointingly but we had a fantastic sleep!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Good morning.

Thank you for choosing Rickety Bridge Franschhoek for your stay, all be it so brief. I hope that you will have more time when you next visit us.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We had a lovely weekend here, After 5.00pm the staff leave and it feels like you are in a home away from home. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was great. All in all a very cosy, comfortable place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Good Morning.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards