“Delicious food”

Persis Biryani Indian Grill
Ranked #30 of 292 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

This place was earlier called as Spice Rack which has moved to a new location. The food here is really good with prompt service. I’ve ordered the starters in vegetarian and my favorite is the chili paneer. In naan, if you like variety and spice you have to try the bullet naan. Don’t get deceived by the name, you have to try it to believe. The spice levels keep up with their names mild, medium and spicy. They are not overly powering. The flavor profile of this place is really good in comparison to the ones in the vicinity. I would highly recommend this place and revisit myself for sure.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Sunil was great. Ordered the veg biryani and the masala dosa - was fresh and absolutely tasty. Will come back to try the other dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent Indian food. The lamb vindaloo was flavored with spices that could be distinguished rather than one taste throughout. We sampled a few dishes and have to say this is one of if not the best in the area. We WILL be back.

1  Thank Sebastiano S
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The best part was the fish fry. The butter chicken we ordered was good but it tasted like the same repeated taste. The garlic naan was good too but only if you are a fan of a lot of garlic. The dishes were certainly enjoyable however, the place was loud and noisy and with no walls, the sound carried all through the tight place. The sad part was the the catering and the waiters. They were disorganized and we had two waiters taking our orders and pointing fingers at each other. We were given the wrong dishes twice and the waitress failed to inform us about the spice level and hence, my 6 year old's dish was way too spicy. Persis is a good place to go for food but the novice waiters and late arriving food requires patience.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We spend a lot of time at Persis. It has a variety of dishes, which range from classic south Indian dosa, to Biryani, to curries, to dishes found in the Chettinad region of Indian. Their samosas are really quite wonderful as well as a variety of appetizers. The good news is that we really have a hard time choosing, because they have so many things we like.

My husband is really in to hot, hot Indian food and they deliver when you ask. I like mine hotter than most and their regular hot dishes have ample heat for me.

They offer complementary water bottles, in part, because their tap water is among the worst that I've ever tasted. Otherwise you have your choice between BYOB and classic drinks like Mango lassis...mmmm.

They've revamped their restaurant a little bit, so there's a little more atmosphere, but it still feels more like a hole-in-the-wall than any other variety of restaurant.

We have liked their service, as of late, which was more hit or miss in the past. That will keep us coming back.