“Enjoy Persis for the flavor, service, and BYOB”

Persis Biryani Indian Grill
Ranked #30 of 294 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We spend a lot of time at Persis. It has a variety of dishes, which range from classic south Indian dosa, to Biryani, to curries, to dishes found in the Chettinad region of Indian. Their samosas are really quite wonderful as well as a variety of appetizers. The good news is that we really have a hard time choosing, because they have so many things we like.

My husband is really in to hot, hot Indian food and they deliver when you ask. I like mine hotter than most and their regular hot dishes have ample heat for me.

They offer complementary water bottles, in part, because their tap water is among the worst that I've ever tasted. Otherwise you have your choice between BYOB and classic drinks like Mango lassis...mmmm.

They've revamped their restaurant a little bit, so there's a little more atmosphere, but it still feels more like a hole-in-the-wall than any other variety of restaurant.

We have liked their service, as of late, which was more hit or miss in the past. That will keep us coming back.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We used to frequent Persis Biryani Indian Grill when it first opened, five or six years ago. We liked the place back then, both the food and the service. However, we kind of opted for other Indian restaurants that have been opening in our area, not in the least due to the lack of the tandoori oven at Persis Biryani, and the grilled dishes associated with it.
We rediscovered Persis thanks to their Groupon offer, and didn't get disappointed. The food is very flavorful, the service is obliging, and the location is good for us, the residents of Hamilton Township.
The interior is not much to mention, but the low prices (compared with, say, Palace of Asia up Quackerbridge Road) do compensate.
We will come again soon.
Recommended.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank RGSOUNDF
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I frequently visit and it never disappoints. The lunch buffet is always fresh with a great variety. The Naan is excellent, the service is self, and I love it. It's so affordable and all you can eat.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank cuddlybug
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Very good authentic Indian food. Had the Lamb Curry. Just the right spices. Service was good. Nice touch having bottles of water on the tables

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Geoff Kline F
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Persis. The quality and variety of the lunch buffet was excellent. Several types of Biryani, wonderful vegetarian options, plus the best tandori chicken we've ever eaten. Highly recommend checking them out. We can at the end of lunch around 2:00pm on a Monday. The restaurant was about half full and all the food was warm and fresh. My only suggestion/compliant is they need to clean up the buffet area more.

Date of visit: April 2016