“Just as good as Brooklyn”

Gargiulo's Tinton Falls
Reserve a table
Sun, 24/10
20:00
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Tinton Falls
Reviewed 7 September 2021

I've been to the Brooklyn location once but my boyfriend has been there many, many times. I'm always skeptical of restaurants opening a second location. Will it taste the same? Gargiulo's did not disappoint. The food was excellent. The service was a little slow. Not bad, just a little slow. The food more than made up for it though. We shared the cold antipasti and fried zucchini for our appetizers. Both were excellent. Even the bread was good. My boyfriend had the Chicken Scarpariello and I had the famous Fettuccine Gargiulo. Both were delicious. We saved a tiny bit of room for dessert. He had the carrot cake and I had the tartufo. Excellent. We only live 15 min from the restaurant so it's safe to say we will be steady customers now.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed 13 May 2021 via mobile

Four of us went to dinner here early this week. The first impression was of the wine list. Nice list, but high prices. My wife and I started with a Caesar Salad. Lettuce was fine, dressing was good, crouton were store bought and small, no parmigiana on top. My wife had the ravioli in sauce. She said it was average. I had the Chicken Parmigiana, the dish by which I judge all Italian restaurants that are new to me. It was average. Perhaps a little better than at your local pizza shop, but not worthy of a fine dining place. Service was fine, but slow.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Fletch1946
Reviewed 29 August 2020

We went to Gargiulo’s for the second time. Its so rare to find good classic Italian. Theresa is so genuine and warm. We’ve had two waiters, Pete and Christian. We have received top notch service both times. The food reminds me of my sitting down w my own family. Previously we had the Penne Pasqualina which you wouldn’t find at a typical Italian restaurant but you might find at my Nonna’s and tonight I had the Lobster Fettuccine Special which was amazing!!! I will def be back for it again. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 8 February 2020

Gargiulo's everyone from Brooklyn knows Gargiulo's. So you go expecting over the top food, the night we went unfortunately it was average at best. This is just our opinion, no one at our table was overly impressed with their meals.

Appetizers Meatballs, Riceballs, Stuffed Artichoke, Cold Antipasto, Caesar Salads, Mains: Penne Pasqualina, Penne Marinara, Rack of Lamb, Seafood Fra Diavolo.

Even the kitchen was out of rhythm partially delivering our entrees and having us waiting for the final one to arrive.

I could comment on each dish but I wont, maybe we expected too much !!!

I give it a 5 out of 10, but go judge it for yourself....

Date of visit: January 2020