“My Go To Restaurant”
Review of Otilia's Cafe

Otilia's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Spotswood
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This is the place to go when you want a great meal. Can’t go wrong with any dish on the menu. I’ve brought many friends to Otilia’s Cafe and they all love it. Chicken and ribs with the most wonderfully seasoned French fries, garlic shrimp, salmon, pork dishes. All outstanding.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I've been to Otilia's quite a few times now and not once have I've been disappointed. Tonight for the first time I had the Picadinho (pork) dish with prawns and cubed potatoes which was spectacular. Another entree that I've had a couple times is the Chicken & Ribs, which is quite excellent as well. However, let me warn you that you must have a huge appetite as the serving size is enormous. The clincher on the Chicken & Ribs is the seasoned fries that come with it. The fries by them selves are the best that you can find, I asked the owner chef how it was that he made the fries as tasty as they were and basically was told that he was a secret spice recipe that he applies to the potatoes. The fries are a must for first time diners.

After your first visit, and therefore you know this place is legit, do this out of the box. Two or three days in advance of dinning call and talk to the owner chef and tell him "make what you want, surprise me" and he will blow you away with what he prepares. I did this with friends who had not previously dined at this restaurant and they totally enjoyed the food and experience. BTW the cost was slightly higher than the normal menu prices. Normal entree prices ranged from mid-teens to $20. Appetizers in and around $10.

This is a BYOB place so bring a nice bottle of wine!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We tried Otilia's for the first time last night, and it is a great find! Physically, it is in a pizzeria-type of space, but the food quality ,excellent service and friendliness of the family staff make the physical plant irrelevant. First, the food was sublime. The flavoring was delicate and subtle, yet simultaneously of substance and all in all simply wonderful. We would give A+ to the bread, the appetizer we shared, the soup, both entrees and one dessert. And surprisingly, the French fries were mouth watering! Amazing! That is a very high hit ratio. The service was top tier, and the staff friendliness and concern for our meal and enjoyment was on a 3 star Michilin basis.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I have been to Otilia's for dinner a number of times with both large groups and just my wife and I. Every time my meal has been excellent. Portion sizes are large and they are a BYOB establishment. Their fries are wonderful and their desserts are very good (I can never remember how to pronounce it but there is a dessert that is the Portuguese word for "sawdust" that is excellent). It's not a fancy place, it's just good.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

If I could afford to I would order dinner every night excellent flavor and seasoning will order from then and the deserts were magnificent