“Make sure to skip Denny the bartender on a Sunday or Monday night!!!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

A shame that I am in this biz MY WHOLE LIFE, also a shame that I have ALWAYS wanted to go to this restaurant, but never seem to get here. but I came in search of a a old friend I heard comes here on Monday nights.
Being a bartender for over 25 years, I get it, ALLLL of it. tired of questions, tired of always being "on" just some nights plain ole' tired, but thats too bad for me, too bad because that is my job, and if I am NOT gonna bring "IT" EVERY SINGLE SHIFT, then I should retire, Like this man should... ESPECIALLY in this brave new world where people can ruin me with their keyboards. Well today, I stand up and fight back, I swore I would NEVER hit someone where they live with my keyboard, but if I have to take it,and own it somedays, then so should you sir.
I walked in with my sister on a quiet Monday night, sit down, get a "greeting" from a rude-from -the-get go bartender......So I asked "how are your bloody mary's?" "they are ok I guess" was his reply....my sister said "wow you are quite the saleman" in a fun way, trying to break the ice, take the uncomfortable out of the air.To this he replied, "you either want it, or you don't" WOW!!!! mind blown!!! That you can speak to a customer this way and get away with it?!?!? I do not even need to read other peoples reviews to see if this was an isolated incident. Because that kinda rude, hell he has honed that skill.
Much thanks to the personable manager Daniel, and the sweet servers. Otherwise, I would have left right then. Food was good. But my night was ruined already.....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My experience at this restaurant was disappointing at best. The ratings are very good and I'm sure that the restaurant has the potential to be excellent but they fall far short. The service was marginal and to make it worse our server was training a new server which might indicate that our server was thought of well by management. The server did not seem to have detailed knowledge about the food and actually talked me out of an appetizer that I wanted. The soup and water were lukewarm, the rolls were cold, there was no sweetener on the tables which turned out not to matter because the ice tea was terrible, and the food what was lacking flavor. The exterior and interior of the building are extremely well maintained and quite beautiful. Whoever takes care of the facility is to be highly commended. All in all, I think this is just one of those tourist traps that can run hot or cold the locals as the winds blow. You certainly will have an okay experience but don't expect anything more.

1  Thank JazzWithWine
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Now that we live at the Jersey Shore year-round, we decided to have dinner here before the Summer crowds invade the area. The restaurant is very spacious and decorated nicely. The food was good, but we had several complaints about the service. Our server did not introduce herself until she gave us the check. In addition to not receiving water, we were never asked if we wanted more wine, or if we were enjoying our meal. On the whole, though, it was a pleasant experience, and we would return (after Labor Day when the crowds are gone).

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Would be more appreciative if they lowered the price. $40 not bad for two dinners, but the portions are small and certain items are bad. Broccoli over cooked and not really edible. Pecan pine meh, poor crust. Service very good, crab cake very special. Would be nice to get two. Good hot bread basket, but salad needs some more dressing. Lunch a much better deal.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently dined at The Crab Trap on Good Friday. We decided to have lunch (more like dinner at lunch prices) at their beautiful, huge bar. Our Bartender/ waitress was extremely nice and very attentive. The atmosphere is great and the food is outstanding. Fresh fish dishes, flounder, clams, oysters, etc are in the menu as well as specials of the day dishes. I had the Jersey fresh broiled scallops and my wife had the fresh flounder. Our meals were fantistac, and along with the great service, we could not have had it any better!!

If you plan to be in Somers Point, NJ, You need to make The Crab Trap a must visit. I absolutely know you would not be disappointed. One of New Jersey’s excellent restaurants!!