“Amazingly great!!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Crab Trap The Finest Seafood Restaurant in Somers Point. In business for over 40+ Years! Family owned & Operated. Voted "Best Seafood Restaurant", "Gold 2009 Press Reader's Poll", Voted "Best Lobster Dinner", "Bronze 2009 Press Reader's Poll" in Somers Point.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently dined at The Crab Trap on Good Friday. We decided to have lunch (more like dinner at lunch prices) at their beautiful, huge bar. Our Bartender/ waitress was extremely nice and very attentive. The atmosphere is great and the food is outstanding. Fresh fish dishes, flounder, clams, oysters, etc are in the menu as well as specials of the day dishes. I had the Jersey fresh broiled scallops and my wife had the fresh flounder. Our meals were fantistac, and along with the great service, we could not have had it any better!!

If you plan to be in Somers Point, NJ, You need to make The Crab Trap a must visit. I absolutely know you would not be disappointed. One of New Jersey’s excellent restaurants!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I went to the crap trap this past Monday for their "customer appreciation" night. This happens during the off season ( which is not the summer time) to show their appreciation for the local community. It is two meals for $39.99 and it includes soup, if the offer their New England clam chowder it is to die for, a salad bowl for two people, your entrée for which there is over 15 to choice from, and dessert. It does not include any beverages. My friend and I both got their famous crab cakes which are absolutely delicious...full of crab and not filler. I will say though that the portion of the crab cakes were only one instead of two which you would normally get, but every thing else was of normal proportion including their good carrot cake. If you go early by 5pm you will not have to wait for a table...afterwards even though it is off season you may have to wait. I would also like to say that I work in Somers Point and no matter what time of year you go by the parking lot is always filled...because their food is that good. With all that being said are you guessing what my favorite place to eat in Somers Point is ....well you will have to look at my reviews...sorry

Reviewed 25 March 2018

They don’t take reservations! If you like your butter as hard as a diamond, you are in heaven. Having dinner at 5pm and they run out of lobster? And you are listed as a fish place? You should run out of food at 10pm, not 5pm. Parking is horrible, if it can be found at all

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice visit had dinner 20to 30 minuet wait quiet crowded.had Maryland style crab soup very good. Honey glazed salmon also very good. Heather our server was terrific. Costing area from Va. would definitely go again when visiting area again.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Favorite shore dining spot. Long waits during summer months. If you are lucky grab a spot at the bar. Once you get to your table, service is always great. If it's my first trip of the season, I get the same thing. Start with the crab cocktail and follow that with the crab imperial. Later trips start with the crab cocktail and are followed with either a crab, shrimp or scallop dish.

Not a fan of their desert menu, but if I wasn't stuffed, I might order another crab cocktail. Always a highlight of visits to the Jersey shore..