“Great Find”

Bayroot Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Never knew this little gem existed, but so happy we found it! Stopped in for lunch and enjoyed it so much, we went back 2 days later for dinner. The falafel is fantastic and the lamb kabob was delicious. Probably the best lamb we ever had. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. He goes around to every table, greeting you and asking if everything is to your liking. Will definitely be on our list of regular stops.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We stumbled on this restaurant by accident after a day of crabbing nearby, but it was a lucky find. The chef's brother and wife happened to be serving that day, and they were kind, attentive, and very helpful. The quality of the food and attractive presentation is not what you expect in a small shopping center in central Jersey: if it were in Manhattan, they could charge five times more! The Lebanese/Arab food is fresh, delicious, beautifully served, and quick to arrive. The only possible note of caution I could possibly add is that this is not a place for a really cheap meal, since the portions are not large for the price, but if you are looking for an excellent quality meal from a delicious cuisine, this is your place.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We ordered take out while visiting from NYC and Baltimore. Using picking up our order, the manager or owner greeted us while staff processed our credit card. Right away, you could tell he cared about his customers, thanking us for our order and asking us if we needed anything else such as plastic ware.

Our food was fresh and delicious! We started with the Mix Bayroot Mezza with pita. It was hummus, baba ghanouj, mouhammara, labne and mousakka. It was $15.95 and worth every penny! It is enough for a family of 4 or 5. My favorite was the hummus with a few chickpeas tossed on top.

We also had shrimp kabob ($19.95) and chicken kabob platters ($15.95). Both were served with grilled vegetable and rice, which were very tasty and perfectly cooked. The shrimp was noted as semi spicy, which even I could eat (I am not a fan of spicy food).

I’d definitely return! Between the friendly staff and delicious good, you should try it too!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I used the reviews to find a local place to eat. We were not disappointed. Being Middle Eastern ourselves, we know the tastes and flavors that make things right and Bayroot delivered! We loved the falafel, the hummus, the fatoush and basically everything was fresh and delicious. It’s not a romantic or chic fancy restaurant but it’s downright a good place to eat fresh authentic flavorful Lebanese cuisine.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Last night we returned to one of our favorite restaurants in the county. We have been to Bayroot several times and every time we have a delicious meal. The friendly owner/chef is always there to greet every diner...inquires how everything is and even brought over a dish he wanted us to try! The hummus and baba ganouj was the best I've ever had... filled with flavors that were perfectly blended! We also ordered the fried kebbeh and the fried feta cheese rolls.. the fresh ingredients and perfect seasoning made them both taste delicious! The fattoush salad was also great... at Bayroot they just seem to know exactly what spices to add to achieve perfection! For dinner we each had a different entree and each one was fantastic. I had the lamb chops and my husband had the filet mignon shish kabobs.. both perfect!!! Our friends also thought their entrees were delicious!
Passing up desert here is difficult.. we ordered the rice pudding and the baklawa with pistachios... again, the combination of ingredients made them wonderful!
I would highly recommend Bayroot... you will not be disappointed!!