Lowest prices for your stay
$381
andy M
Brooklyn, New York

One bad apple

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Oct 2023
My initial interaction with the front desk clerk Diana was disheartening. She was extremely inhospitable impatient and very much matter of fact. She chose not to hear out any questions or concerns responding with " I haven't heard anyone else have a problem but your here now getting checked in." The tone in her voice was enough to have me reconsider the reservation. She then proceeded to rattle of the required information with zero eye contact and lazily pointing in whichever corresponding direction applied. Thankfully Felix Escobar saved the day. Following us to the elevator along with another guest. Felix heard out my complaint about Diana asked about our original issue explaining it's cause and remedy reassuring his interest in our having a pleasant stay all in a 90 second interaction to the 2nd floor where he exited leaving us with smiles for the rest of our journey. Long story short, if you stay here avoid Diana wait for Mr. Escobar. Thanks Felix.
Date of stay: October 2023
    4.6 km from Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
    Restaurant
    Room service
    View more hotels in Ridgefield Park
    All reviews front desk new york port authority bus stop one night stay clean hotel business trip times square fitness center felix nyc terminal
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 26 September 2023 via mobile

Leaving out this morning, I tied to grab a muffin on my way out but was yelled at by staff that it was closed. When I asked what time they close he said 10:00. It was 10:07 and all of the items were still out and no one cleaning. How could me grabbing a muffin to go be a problem? I literally had a tong in my hand grabbing a muffin and was told no! I told him I was headed to a meeting and would be taking it with me and he just repeated it’s closed. People were still eating and watched the conversation. Very embarrassing for me. A complete turn off! If the food is still out after 10am…. DONT TOUCH IT!

Date of stay: September 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    1  Thank BabyAnn
    Reviewed 19 August 2023

We had a great stay in my old hometown. We loved the staff..so friendly, so kind and so very helpful (filled with aloha!) most especially we want to commend Stephanie at the front desk and Antonio at the restaurant. Made us feel SO welcome.

Also loved the proximity to the nature park. Please make a clear path from the hotel to the park with native plantings. We couldn't figure out how to walk there at first.

For these two reasons my friends and I will be back for our RPHS reunion next year.

Aloha!

Calley O'Neill
    Big Island Conservation Public Artist

Room tip: Walk the nature park!
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    1  Thank calleyo957
    Reviewed 19 August 2023

If I could give this hotel 0 stars, I most definitely would. This is, without a doubt, the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had with a Hilton-brand hotel. I booked this hotel at the end of July for a 1 night stay. I later changed this to a 2 night stay. My stay was scheduled to start on August 13th. The night before, I checked into the hotel on the Hilton app and set my arrival time at 3pm. I arrived to the hotel at 3:20pm on the 13th. When I arrived, I was taken aback by how dirty the hotel looked from the outside. What’s more troubling is that they have signs in the parking lot saying that “management is not responsible for damages or losses”, a sign that I have never seen at any other Hilton franchise hotel I’ve stayed at, which implies that this hotel in particular has had issues in the past with vehicle theft/damage. I then checked the Hilton app to see if my room was ready as I had requested to receive a digital key, only to see that my room still wasn’t ready 20 minutes after my scheduled time of arrival. Afterwards, I went inside the hotel (which was also dirty) and asked the front desk person why my room wasn’t ready. He said that they were having issues with housekeeping and wasn’t sure what time it would be ready. He said they had from 3pm-2am on August 14th to have the room available. And he did not apologize or seem to care. He was very unprofessional and made no effort to ensure that my room would be ready anytime soon. I was traveling from a different state and expected my room to be ready within an hour. I then asked him if I could cancel my reservation because I had my family with me and everyone was exhausted and were waiting for a room to rest in; he said no. I then waited until 4:25pm and when I saw that the room still wasn’t ready, I had no option but to leave because I became uncertain of the availability of my reserved room until after an hour and 25 minutes of unavailability. It appears to me that the Hilton franchise does not care about customer service. All they care about is their profit margin. I’ve been a member of Hilton Honors for a long time. And I’ve noticed that in the aftermath of the pandemic, their service standards have gone down significantly. Therefore, I’m planning on staying away from the Hilton franchise going forward. Stay far away from this hotel if you can. It’s not worth it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Mushfiqur R
    Reviewed 15 August 2023

We had two rooms and the cleanliness is not that good. In addition finance system of the hotel caused blocking to my credit card due to unprofessional crediting and debiting that happened on it from them.

Date of stay: July 2023
    Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
    1  Thank aadeltaha
    Reviewed 9 August 2023

The hotel is clean and our room was comfortable. There is a nice park to walk a short distance from the hotel and we felt safe walking there in the evening. The TV in our room did not work, nor did the coffee maker. The WIFI is not free, you have to pay. The 'pantry' snack prices are insane and the breakfast is $17 - basically continental.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn