“Great place for breakfast ”
Review of Toast- City Diner

Toast- City Diner
Ranked #52 of 149 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in to this place for a quick Holiday breakfast. Was greeted by our Server Alex who went over all the daily specials. We were never here before so we just had pancakes and French toast. Let me say this....The pancakes were hot and fluffy, the portion was huge and the syrup warm. The French toast was light and eggy, with great flavor. Coffee was just bold enough to notice and Alex came by at least twice. I tried the maple bacon and I do not recommend it, the regular bacon had much more flavor and tasted a bit more like bacon should. Overall it was a great experience and we ll definitely go again.Thanks Toast City Staff.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Had two hours to kill in Red Bank NJ so decided to get something to eat here with my daughter. I had eaten here before it was renovated some time ago. I ordered the hash and eggs and my daughter had waffles with chocolate chips. The server was friendly and engaging unfortunately, that was as good as it got! The waffles were ok, just. My hash and the toast wete one of the smallest portions i have seen and the two eggs were nearly cooked. Both were cold. After getting the attention of the staff they took it away to reheat. A short time later my plate was returned with even less hash and only one egg!! We paid the bill and left. Not what it used to be and, unfortunately, I am unable to recommend this eatery.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Great place to grab breakfast. Oldschool diner atmosphere. Very good service. Definitely recommend for breakfast, lunch or brunch.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

I read a review on here that said something about "Average food and hipster servers who really don't seem that interested"... and wow - they nailed it. We went on a Saturday around 10:30 am. Got seated pretty quickly and the place seemed clean and nice looking. However, right from the start while helping us, our server's attention always looked to be elsewhere... like he'd prefer to be chatting with his friends, but was doing enough to get the order in. Strangely, it wasn't until we were leaving that he actually smiled at us and made eye contact.
Regarding the food, everything felt kind of rushed, and yet somehow, some things were cold. They must pre-make all the toast (again - strange because of their name), but it was cold. It had been toasted, so that's good, but a while ago. The eggs were good, but the home fries were not only "meh" tasting, but cold as well. Yes, i ate them last so more chance to cool, but these were cold.
In all, i'd look for somewhere else next time i'm in town. Not terrible, just nothing that tells me to come back either.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

In the heart of downtown Red Bank is this nice diner where we had a nice traditional american breakfast, with a little ,seaside flavor. The diner is clean, wait staff very friendly, and reasonably priced. I recommend it.