All reviews molly pitcher navesink river rooms are small old world historic building an older hotel standard room junior suite carving station old school nice pool valet parking beds were very comfortable special occasion nice stay view of the water wedding reception
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The Molly Pitcher Inn is a classic old-world hotel with modern amenities such as free wi-fi. The lobby in December was done up for Christmas, and the roaring fire and comfy leather sofas in the lobby made it warm and welcoming, as did the busy but friendly bar and the first-class restaurant.
The hotel room itself was a bit of a disappointment: only furnished with the bed and dressers — no chair; and the TV was on the dresser to the side of the bed which made viewing awkward... would have been better mounted on the wall. That being said, it was warm and comfortable, and the housekeeping service first-rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view... a little quieter if not facing the main entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
mgrres, Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Good evening,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your most recent stay. I will pass your suggestion on about the TV. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The Molly Pitcher website claims it is a luxurious hotel, it is far from it. Such a disappointment. Not worth what they charge in off-season, don’t bother in summer when prices will be sky high! The lobby, bar and dining areas are lovely. That’s where it ends. Rooms are drab and walls are paper thin. You can hear everything your neighbors are doing! Our room was a garden level, which is really the basement. To get there you had to go down several flights of stairs. We were okay with that but it seemed weird there wasn’t an elevator in the newer part of hotel. Not good for handicapped or persons with difficulty walking! We passed 2 older ladies in our way in who were having great difficulty with the stairs! Our room window was level with the grass! And the lock on window was broken so they had a 2x4 piece of wood as high tech lock!!! There was no lock in safe either. When I booked this was supposedly one of the highest level luxury rooms! The water pressure in shower was dismal, it was like taking a shower under a watering can. There was a weird soft spot in the tub floor, made me wonder if there was a leak or mold underneath. The decor is very cheap looking in a rooms. The bed was comfortable, so were the pillows. Room was very clean. That’s only good thing about our stay. Very poor customer service, only one person at check in who was also answering phones. When we called to ask for late check out person said “we aren’t authorized to grant late checkout, the manage will be here tomorrow at 11 am and you can call then” Well check out is at 11 am and that sort of defeats the purpose! They serve coffee in the lobby and ran out, person in lobby was rude to the people who asked about more coffee. Total waste of money don’t bother to stay here!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmnyc16

Good evening,

Thank you for taken the time to share your most recent experience with us at the Molly Pitcher. I am sorry to hear it did not seem like pleasant stay. This also does not seem to be a typical stay on our end. We take great pride in the service that we do offer. If you would like to speak in more detail about your stay you can always reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We reserved a king room, and upon arrival at 8 pm they upgraded us to a king suite on the house. Sweet! The room was HUGE - maybe 15' x 30'. Besides the king bed with 9 pillows with very nice linens flanked by nightstands each with their own lamp (and clock). There was a full-sized couch and coffee table, a dresser with a decent-sized flat screen, and 3 chairs and small end tables. But no desk, so nowhere to plug in a laptop and sit to check email. The lamps had no outlets for chargers, so we had to plug phones and computer in across the room and leave them on a chair. Inconvenient, since the phones are our alarms. We had to actually move the whole bed to plug in a CPAP machine. Yep, we could have called the front desk, but frankly we had expected more - the night before we stayed at a 2 star hotel for less than 1/2 the price and it had as nice of a bed, a desk with dual outlets and outlets on the bedside lamps, as well. It also included a fridge, a microwave, a Keurig in the room, a larger bathroom and nicer toilet, a quieter air control unit, and a free hot breakfast (albeit not as fancy as Molly Pitcher's which was NOT free). Going down for the complimentary coffee and small muffins in the lobby instead of having the convenience of it in our room was NOT what we expected. Molly Pitcher's bathroom linens and toiletries WERE more luxurious. The other hotel had a bowed shower curtain rod and a dual sink with a lot of space for toiletries. The valet parking at MPI, the beautiful lobby, and having a restaurant right in the hotel is NOT enough to justify the difference for us. We haven't stayed anywhere that is as clueless about the electronic needs of today's customers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie C
mgrres, Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear about your most recent stay and the negative issues that you had to deal with. I will make sure this is something that I will make sure to pass along to the correct people. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is the second time I use the Molly Pitcher for a party. I had my sons 1st Birthday party on a Sunday ( July 16th, 2017 ) Allison Mercer was my Catering manager she was amazing. Always kept in touch from beginning to end. She did as great job helping me with menu. The day of the party I had Cristian Soto as our Maitre D' he was super attentive and help make sure the party ran smooth. I love this place, I highly recommended. The price is right , the food is good and the staff is amazing, not to mention the location is awesome too, great views and patios.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I will make sure to pass on these comments to Allison and Cristian. Hopefully in the future you will need us for another important event. Have a great rest of the week.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting my mother who lives at The Atrium which is just down the street. While the room was small it was very clean and the bed was great. The room could have used more outlets for electronic devices. I bring along an extension cord which I had to use so I could keep my charging phone near the bed. The housekeeper we saw was very pleasant and asked if we needed anything. There is a good view of the Navesink River from the dining area. The lobby area is very large for an inn this size. There are numerous hotels and motels in the area but for us this is the place to stay. We have always used “The Molly” as a reference point for Red Bank. It’s a great place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
mgrres, Front Office Manager at Molly Pitcher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Good afternoon.

Thank you so much for your kind review of your most recent stay with us. Very happy to hear you had another great stay. I will pass the information on about the outlets in the room. Thank you so much again. Have a great week.