“A Lovely Little Creperie”
Review of Whipped Cafe

Whipped Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Red Bank
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Stopping in for breakfast early on a Friday morning brought back memories of Café Med , a tiny, wonderful creperie on Ile St. Louis in Paris. The décor of Whipped is charming and the menu is quite varied with a tempting assortment of breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert crepes to please every taste - not to mention the French toast and waffle assortment. We opted for the Mixed Berry French Toast and the Fiesta Crepe with sides of hash browns. The French Toast came with 2 generous slices of brioche and a parfait glass of mixed berries that can be served as a topping or on the side. The crepe was a brand new creation with scrambled eggs, salsa, guacamole, cheddar and bacon folded inside. The crepe was satisfying and delicious and my latte was perfect. I will definitely be back to sample some of the lunch items and I really look forward to trying one or more of the fabulously tempting desserts. Prices were reasonable and service was pleasant and efficient. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Better that Quebec. This is a charming little place with pride of place. We stopped in for a cup of hot coco, and found a gem. This is a family owned business. Hands on, involved. The hot chocolate was "yummy" with whipped cream and marshmallows. We had crepe' suzette. Better than in Quebec. These were tender, tasty, made fresh. I did check out the mens' room. It was more than adequate for this small place. Trip Tip: If you think you should have the right to use the mens' room, you should be a customer.

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank ChrisDCarlson
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I stopped in here because I was in the mood for something a little different. I forget what it was called but I ordered the crepe with banana, strawberry, and Nutella to go. Staff was friendly and got everything together for me - crepe had its own little box, napkins and plastic silverware in bag. The crepe was unbelievably delicious and I will definitely head back here to try one of their savory crepes in the future. They also serve other foods as well in case crepes aren't your thing. Prices were average for an independent store in this area and staff were friendly.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank SteveO172
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I've been coming here for quite a while and the food/coffee is amazing! However, the service is not. Aside from the owners and 1 or 2 others, the rest of the staff is not very personable at all. Would make the experience 100% better if they were!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Bryana D
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

With all these new cupcakes stores, bakeries, and cakepops everywhere, I was a little hesitant about trying this place out, but I love coming here and ordering a caramel macchiato! Pairs well with the dulce de leche crepe! I like how they have sweet AND savory crepes, so that everyone can have a reason to come in here! Staff is always pleasant, and I love the atmosphere and decor. Cute, simple, and delicious! Nothing else like this in town thats for sure!

Date of visit: October 2015