“Good eats - great service”
Review of Bistro In Red Bank

Bistro In Red Bank
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro In Red Bank is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Red Bank
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Dined here on a Friday night with some friends. Ordered the Asian Caesar salad to share as an app. Very generous portion - enough for 3 people to share. I ordered the shrimp tempura roll for my entree. I'm not a fan of raw fish - but the shrimp was cooked and crispy inside the roll. My friends ordered other rolls and were quite happy. The service was excellent - the three of us had not seen each other for quite some time and we delayed ordering because we were catching up - no pressure to be quick.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I love the crackling calamari salad. I get it every time I go. I haven't been to this restaurant in almost a year and had a craving for this salad so we went. Our waiter was pretty much non existent. This is a BYOB and I asked for water. My water glass was empty when he served my dinner and he did not fill it nor did he come back until we were done with our meals. I then asked for a another glass of water and I felt like I was bothering him. I apparently kept him away from chatting with the hostess. I was disappointed in the salad as well. It was extremely vinagerie and seemed like it had a bite to it that I didn't remember it having.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

BYOB, food was great service was excellent. Non rushed. Professional establishment. Noting real high end but a comfortable place with great selections and food. Will return.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Four for dinner. Two dirty wine glasses, one of them with lip prints. Bread basket with butter placed on top, tipped over, and making a mess. Soggy fried calamari appetizer, served at room temperature. Average sushi. Burger like a hockey puck. Dirty coffee cup after dinner with lipstick on it. Add it all up and it’s a “poor” rating. It would have been worse but the wait staff was ok. Management could do much better.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had an early dinner at The Bistro on a week night before a show at Count Basie Theatre. It was a quiet day. We had a nice table against the wall, an excellent waiter and tasty food. All was expected, since we have eaten at the restaurant since they opened years ago. ( That’s why we also got to Teak in Red Bank - now owned by The Bistro). We started with a glass of white wine and moved on to appetizers we have enjoyed previously - Pear & Roquefort and the Crackling Calamari salads. The cracklings calamari, especially, is great - sesame oil and soy dressing is wonderful - a perfect blend. We were told it was the most popular salad at the restaurant. Maybe, it was the popular dish period! Our entrees were Rigatoni with Sausage Bolonese and Duck Lo Mein. Again, delish. Dessert was a generous creme brûlée. We left The Bistro happy again that we made the right choice for our visit to Red Bank.

Date of visit: October 2017