“A Great Meal”

Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Buona Sera Ristorante & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 156 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is a very delayed review, but I still remember my meal here clearly. That's definitely a good thing.

I took my parents here to celebrate Mother's Day, and I think that this was the perfect place. The atmosphere is unique (in a good way) - check out the pictures and you'll see that it's not your typical restaurant. We were seated right by the front windows and really enjoyed looking around at everything.

Most importantly, we all loved our meals. I'm not sure if I can go back to eating regular boxed pasta after this meal - my eyes have been opened to how tasty a high quality homemade pasta can be. I went with the Tortelloni Carbonara, and I'm glad I did. The pancetta cream sauce was the perfect accompaniment to the fantastic homemade tortelloni (which is just larger tortellini). If I knew how to make pasta like this, I'd be eating pasta way too often. All in all, we had a great meal and a very nice Mother's Day experience.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Buona Sera before attending an event at the Count Basie Theater tonight . It is visually a beautiful venue inside and out . The wonderful smell of food greeted you at the door as you entered . The bread and breadsticks offered were some of the best I’ve had in my 62 years . We both had fresh salads as a first course . I had stuff rigatoni with the most incredible sauce . The wait staff is professional and unobtrusive . The prices I’d consider reasonable for northern NJ . We are both native NJ but live in Bucks County , Pa . Wish we lived closer to dine here more often but will return again when attending events at Count Basie .

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

From the fresh bread to the amazing desserts, what an amazing meal! I started with the 1 pound meatball stuffed with cheese, while my wife had the Bibb Lettuce salad. The meatball was cooked extremely well and tasted amazing. The dressing on the salad was delicious! For main course I had the Frutti Di Mare with shrimp, lobster, scallops and claims with an amazing red sauce. My wife had the chicken parm and penne. Our waiter was old school Italian and really knew how to make us feel at home. If you are ever in the neighborhood, and love good Italian food Buona Sera is a must!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We went here on our first date 6 years ago. This place is still one of pur absolute favorite spots. Great atmosphere. Top of the line staff and the owner is a really nice guy. Highly recommend to couples, singles, all ages ( minus the kids) more for a nice adult evening. The upstairs has a cigar room and some more private rooms for parties and special occasions. Even the salads are delicious and the entrees are to die for. You will love it here!!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed this place before but it’s very necessary to make sure that everyone knows that consistency is the name of the game and Mr. Mariani is still at the top of his game. I would say on average I am probably in this restaurant four times a month. Every time he rolls out a new dish, the presentation and delectability of the food is consistently eye opening. What’s really nice about this place is you can go here for a quick lunch or you can bring your entire family here for a dinner everyone will remember. Go down there and ask for Chris or Danielle and mention the Goldbergs sent you. I promise you will not be disappointed, of my 74 reviews, this place is far and above my favorite restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018