“Our Second Diwali Buffet!”
Review of Crown Of India

Crown Of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Crown Of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Plainsboro
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is our second time at the Diwali dinner buffet in 3 years. The first time, friends treated us and we thought the food was spectacular, missed last year, but got there this year. At first, I was skeptical of a restaurant in a strip mall, but the decor and clever use of designing a sort of foyer, created a nice transition from the outside world. Once inside, any vestige of being in a strip mall was soon forgotten. The interior is warmly decorated in tones of red and drapes concealed storefront windows. Heavy flatware, cloth table napkins and tablecloths further set the stage for a relaxed dining experience.

The buffet, which had two seatings, started with samosas, chili chickpeas, and of course, the sauces. Truth be told, I could have feasted on this alone! The samosas were not greasy, and the chickpeas were spiced to our liking, not over the top hot, nor was the dish lacking fire. In all, there were 5 appetizers, 6 vegetarian entrees - the okra, a vegetable I never liked because of the preparation (too slimy) was absolutely delicious - not slimy at all and wonderfully spiced. Baby eggplants were also as delicious. The diwani handi was by far my favorite entree - spinach with chilies and mixed vegetables. My party also sampled the tandoori meats - chicken wings, reshmi kebab - diced spiced chicken breast and amritsari fish. The other meat entrees were deliciious as well (4 in total). Mixed breads, salad, chutney, fruit platter, mango pudding (a hit!),and other treats.

The host was wonderful, as well as the waitstaff. Plates were promptly removed, glasses refilled, and the host was attentive to diners' needs. I realize this was a special occasion, but this was our second time and the food was excellent both times.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We had the lunch buffet here today and the quality of food was just average. The goat masala was tough and chewy and not tender like goat usually is when cooked properly. The chicken was a bit dry. The spice level was appropriate, but just the overall quality was not up to par with other Indian restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Overall service is great and Suggy, who owns the place is amazing and very flexible in taking last minute request modifications or the banquet hall birthday party. Food is great - both North Indian and South Indian & Veg and Meat. Staff is very courteous as well. I would strongly recommend people to throw parties in their banquet halls.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Everything about this restaurant, from the decor to the menus to the bathroom is extremely old school. This for me is neither good or bad, but I found it interesting to kind of step back into the early 90s once again.

The food was average. I asked for my food to be pretty spicy but not painful, and I got one dish that wasn't spicy at all, and another that was much closer to what I wanted.

The service was average. Not rude, not friendly, just adequate.

Price was a little higher than what the service and food deserved. I paid $30 with tip for one person, for a meal that should have been no more than $20-25 with tip.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Decent place with Good food. The service was good and food tasty. It's a BYOB place and hardly a mile and half from my home.

1  Thank munikumar