Review Highlights
Been Going Here Since The 1980's

What can I say? My parents took my brothers and I since we were kids. I'm in my mid 50's and... read more

Reviewed 12 December 2018
Brett D
New Milford, New Jersey
Wonderful little zoo

We used to go to this zoo a lot when the kids were very young. It is compact - just large enough... read more

Reviewed 12 December 2018
IgorexaUS
via mobile

All reviews train ride pony rides van saun merry go round bergen county tennis courts great playground all ages young children petting zoo local zoo prairie dogs large playground splash pad bison picnic tables kids love
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Van Saun Park has been a family favorite for over 40 years, and we have always enjoyed our time there. We only have one complaint as of our recent visit with our 2 year old grandson. We waited about a half hour on a very slow moving line to purchase our tickets for the zoo and train. Surely there could be some better way to move adults and children along in a timely fashion.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Van Saun park is just large enough to make an afternoon interesting and just small enough so that you don't end up limping to the car. A long time favorite of the suburbs close by.

The zoo has all your favorite animals and even a sloth... :-) Larger animals such as Bison as well. Really neat.
There's a miniature train ride that's only $1.50 for non-residents of Bergen County. As well as a magnificent large carousel at the entrance to the park for $1.50 as well. Last ticket is sold at 4:30pm.

The zoo is $4 or $8 for adults ages 15-61, $2 or $5 for children 3-14 for bergen county residents and non-residents respectively. Active military are Free. Children under 3 are also free.

There are daily animal shows in the amphitheater with schedules posted at the entrance.

All in all: Great deal for the price and very well kept.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

They have a zoo, train, carousel and more. Lots of playground space with swings, jungle Jim, and more.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018

The playground/ splash pad is perfect for a "heat advisory" in NJ! My 3 year old had a blast. the zoo is small enough that he will walk the whole thing himself.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Enjoy watching the many animals, train ride, carousel, playground, and pony rides. I've had great times with my kids here and Bergen County residents benefit from a discount

Date of experience: June 2018