“Delicious Thai Food”

Thai Shangri-La
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Old Bridge
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Nice ambiance, food is delicious, friendly staff and excellent service. Reasonable rates. Wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank Yellowmango8857

Reviewed 19 January 2017

This is one of our favorite places in the area to eat. We live about 30mins away but still make the trip just to come here. The food is always delicious. We always get appetizers because they are SO good. The staff is always very friendly and the service is always top notch. We recommend Thai Shangri-La to everyone. Best Thai food around.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

If you have been following along, my wife and I visit different restaurants each week. We like to try different cuisines and food. We saw the construction ongoing at this strip mall and at the end was this small Thai restaurant. There were few people in the parking lot and inside the restaurant itself. Although this made up somewhat suspicious, we decided to go ahead and eat there. Well, to our surprise, the food, atmosphere, wait service and ambiance was excellent. After enjoying a large cup of ginger tea, our meals with seafood were serve hot and fresh.The ingredients were spot-on and the flavors were terrific. Over the years, we enjoy Thai food if it is prepared correctly. To our delight, these meals were exceptional. Although the place was not crowded make the entire evening more pleasurable. We actually were able to talk and be heard. The wait staff was knowledgeable and curteous. The food was served quickly without delay. If you are in the mood for Thai food, this is the place to be before everyone else hears about it.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

This was my first time to try Thai Shangri-la, even though it's very close to my home. I didn't know if I would like Thai food before, but was in search of somewhere nearby that would deliver quickly, and was bored with the usual choices. I called on a Thursday evening, just before closing, and even though I fell a few dollars short of the minimum amount for delivery, the gentleman answering the phone agreed to take my order. Having never ordered Thai before, I decided on a (safe!) Pad noodle dish (ND3. Pad Z U) which is a flat rice noodle stir-fried with broccoli, carrot, and egg in special sweet soy sauce - with your choice of chicken, fried tofu, beef, shrimp, scallop, or mixed seafood. (I added beef.) If you're not a fan of sweet sauce, there are also other noodle dishes in an exotic chili garlic sauce, an exotic chili herbal sauce, or with bean curd, peanut, scallion, beansprout and egg. My order arrived piping hot about 10-15 minutes after ordering. Portion size was nice, definitely enough for one, with leftovers if you don't have a very large appetite. Beef was just a tad tough, but not enough to ruin the dish. It was a little salty being soy based, but overall, it was extremely tasty and I enjoyed it very much. Price was reasonable, too. I got tired of Chinese food a few years ago, so I'll definitely be giving this another try the next time my husband and I want to order in. The appetizers and stir fry dishes also looked very interesting and my husband would like the Curry dishes. I like that the menu indicates whether the dish is mild, medium, or hot, too. One note, call ahead before going because the strip mall it's located in is under renovation and the hours are changing. Once renovations are complete, we may try eating at the restaurant rather than take-out.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Went with my family and everyone raved about their choices. The appetizers were fantastic. The Calamari Tempura was the best calamari I have had anywhere and the chicken puffs were excellent. We couldn't decide which entrée was the best but I thought the Shrimp Kra Prow was fantastic