“A Little Bit of Italy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Judging by the crowds on a recent Friday night, I expected the restaurant to be special. We were in NJ visiting friends, so our hosts suggested Ponte Vecchio and we were anxious to try it based on the reviews. Perhaps because of the crowds, our waiter was a little distracted and not as attentive as we would have preferred, but he was okay. The food was fine, but to be honest, nothing exceptional. We shared a tri-color salad as a starter, which was good and large enough for two. My wife had the grilled salmon ($22.95) dish, which was a large piece of fish, but skimpy on the vegetables. The waiter couldn't switch a side of pasta for the potatoes, so we paid extra but didn't get the requested angel hair, but a nondescript spaghetti noodle instead. I ordered the chicken giambotta ($19.95) which was tasty and the portion large enough for two, maybe even three meals. I have to say that someone at another table ordered a mixed seafood dish from the Seafood bar and it looked spectacular. We didn't have dessert or coffee (and it's a BYOB, which is nice and I guess common in NJ), but the meal overall was very good, but I'd be curious to try other places if I'm ever back in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The food was delicious especially the chicken francais (lemon chicken.) Our waitress must have been new because service was a bit slow. The desserts are also fantastic.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Was introduced to Ponte Vecchio by friends a few years ago. Have been back numerous times and have enjoyed each visit. The chicken parm is absolutely my favorite. It cuts with a fork and paired with a nice red wine,..well, you can't go wrong. Service is friendly and very attentive. I look forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a hidden Gem. Intimate atmosphere exceptional service and the Food is incredible. Top notch ingredients here no cutting corners, for the commercial cost benefit everything was fresh and prepared to perfection cannot say enough about this restaurant. If you can find it you'll never forget it

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been going here since it opened. We usually have dinner and occasionally lunch. We are never disappointed by the food or service. Last night we both had our favorite dishes- I had the baked salmon encrusted with horse radish and my wife had the crab cakes. Both were perfect! We began by splitting a Caprese salad appetizer. The warm Italian bread is a nice way to begin the evening. The couple dining next to us said that they too have been coming here for years and love everything about Ponte Vecchio. Reservations are a must for Saturday night.