“Great chicken parm pizza”

Luigi's Restaurante & Pizza
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 14 February 2017

You really have to consider Luigi's as two places to dine. When we first moved into the area, we went there for dinner (in the dining room as opposed to the pizza area). The food is good, but with so many other Italian places, it didn't bear our return. However, we love pizza (eat it at least once a week). So we have been going there often. If I want a slice, I go there and love the pepperoni topping. The plain is great too! Our favorite is their chicken parm pizza. Lot's of chicken, great sauce, cooked perfectly. We were there just the other night.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We were very pleased with our recent dinner at Luigi's. The service was excellent and the quality of the food was very good. The portions were also quite large. The four of us took home enough food for another meal. The veal milanese was quite good, as was their homemade cannoli. They also had an extensive menu, as well as pizza.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

In NJ again visiting family. Stopped at the recently rebuilt Luigi's for pizza. Delicious, crispy crust pizza. Plenty of toppings and large slices! Casual dining to the left, intimate dining to the right.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Finally had an opportunity to dine in the dining room since it reopened. My husband and I always frequent the fast serve pizza side for the delicious Grandma's Pizza but I was dining with my girlfriends who were taking me out for my birthday. I expected to have to wait for a table on a Friday night at 7pm, but it wasn't overly crowded and we got seated right away.
The food was amazing!! I ordered the Veal Sorrentino which was nothing like I have every tasted. My portion was so big that I only ate 1/4 of it and took the rest home for my husband to finish...and that he did!! My friends ordered the chicken special and the chicken francaise and both had happy plates to the end!!
I would highly recommend this place. The staff was polite and the service was spot on and the prices were very reasonable. There is also entertainment on Fridays and I think Saturdays. I'm not sure if it's every week but it was nice added bonus to our evening.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here last night after it being highly recommended.
The food was great and freshly prepared to order. The menu is comprehensive and if you ask for something not on the menu chances are they will prepare it if they have the ingreidents.
The portions are generous we had lots of leftovers.
This is a small local mom & pop business and deserves everyone's support. Try it if you're in the area I'll bet you will come back.