“Great local authentic Mexican food”
Review of Taqueria Maria's

Taqueria Maria's
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Very good authentic Mexican food. Make sure you call before getting there as its small place usually full people eating long dinner/lunch

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I enjoy Mexican cuisine but I'm not an expert by any means. I enjoyed the burrito I had but the chicken was unseasoned and bland. Friendly and welcoming staff. I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I'm visiting relatives in the area and after a long day of driving was looking for something to take back to the hotel room. Ordered two tacos (chicken and carnitas) and a burrito with chorizo, expecting just ordinary Mexican take out for dinner. Boy was I wrong! Besides the super size of the burrito, I was blown away by the exceptional quality of the ingredients. The chicken was chunks of white meat, slow cooked I think. The carnitas was super tender and flavorful. And the chorizo that was just packed in the burrito was, to my taste, the best I've ever tasted. I'll be back during my visit. The place makes me wish I lived here!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

It was May 5th, big Mexican holiday so where to go to celebrate. Dilemma.....hmmm. Not a fan of Mexican food but my internet search brought up this restaurant. I and two of my friends drive here and almost did t go in. The parking lot is in disrepair, the outside of this place is in need of a sprucing up. We hesitantly went in and walked in to an authentic Mexican restaurant with Maria, herself, cooking away in the back. This is good food, plenty of it, nothing fancy, very reasonable. I highly recommend this not only for the food but for the experience. You don’t need fancy to have a great meal,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

When visiting family in the area, I always try to find a restaurant that is really unique and I think I found it here. My husband, father and I went earlier one evening and walked into this tiny restaurant. The family and children of the owners seemed to be just hanging around in the restaurant and we were the only diners. We felt slightly awkward as we didn't feel really very welcome but we ordered and waited for our food. I was hoping for an authentic food experience and we all were pleasantly surprised that this is exactly what we got! The food was outstanding, flavorful and plentiful. I asked the waiter some questions about what part of Mexico the recipes were based and he was informative and friendly. When in the area, we will be back to try more from this menu. A really good find!

Been to Taqueria Maria's? Share your experiences!