“Friendly neighborhood spot”
Review of Sals Roma Deli II

Sals Roma Deli II
Ranked #13 of 46 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Just popped in for a quick bite on way to work. Looked like a very popular place for locals to gather. Got a croissant-not made there-but was adequate. Coffee good. Great selection of breakfasts and sandwiches. When in the area will pop in for lunch.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Awesome, authentic Italian sandwiches. The staff was really friendly and the food was very fresh. May be best for take out as the place is a bit run down inside. Bottom line was a great sandwich at a fair price

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

If I am in the area, I have to say, Sals is dependable for a good sandwich., Unfortunately, no matter what day or time of day, the coffee is nothing more than dark, bitter water.
How could they not know?
WaWa down the street has much better coffee.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

The sandwich I got was good (bread was typical soft grocery store style) & the place looked clean. The two men and one woman working there were indifferent and impatient, they didn't seem to care if they had customers or not.
One thing that disturbed my friend a little bit is that the roast beef (and perhaps other meat) is kept on a counter, out of public view - not in a refrigerated case.
Even so, I would give them another try.
There is definitely potential.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The sandwiches are adequate, never but never order a turkey burger a frozen piece of brick, maybe turkey maybe not. I have eaten food bought from there by others and the sandwiches like I said are good but the place always reminds me of a greasy spoon so I have not been a regular unless I was accompanying someone else who purchased there and like I said the sandwiches are adequate.