“Dinner”

Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Monroe
Description: A Venture by Bhumi Global Business LLC
Description: A Venture by Bhumi Global Business LLC
Reviewed 2 September 2018

The restaurant with white tables and chairs had a very clean atmosphere. We were amazed by their menu - so many choices! For the appetizer, hubby had mulligatawny soup that he said was excellent, while I had the corn soup (veg) which was awesome!

He ordered the Persis Platter, which had 2 lamp chops, 4 shrimp & a half dozen pieces of chicken. While he loved it, he would suggest putting the chicken in last because they were a bit overdone. The lamb was delicious & the shrimp was tasty too.

I had the Bagara Baigan (baby eggplant). I mixed all of my basmati rice in with the dish, and it was still very spicy! I told our waiter it was very hot. He asked me temperature or spicy? I said spicy. He said he asked the chef to make it mild! So, he brought me some cool yogurt sauce that I poured over it and I found that to be much better.

Upon leaving, he told me that next time he would know not to make it so hot.

It was quite noisy in the main dining room so if you want quiet you can ask to be seated in the other room.

We thought that the dinner was very good and we will definitely come back again.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Persis is fairly local to me and I was open to giving them a try since it coincided with their weekend lunch buffet service.

I arrived at the location and there were only two other tables occupied. For a Sunday lunch, not busy. Since my intention was to sample the buffet, I declined the offered menu and went straight to peruse the buffet after being seated.

No stranger to Indian cuisine I know what I am seeing/eating. What I did see on this buffet were three (3) different rice dishes. Among some of the other offerings. Some points for one of the rice dishes being a goat biryani, otherwise, it felt like they were trying to cheap out by offering so many rice dishes; at $14 a head three rice dishes was pushing it in my opinion.

Paneer masala and chicken tika masala were very similar in taste; same sauce. Curry chicken in a brown sauce tasted quite like the goat biryani; heavy overtone of black cardomon. Fried appetizers unfortunately suffered from being in closed lidded containers so were not as crisp as they could have been. First time I've ever seen onion rings on an Indian buffet. The ginger dahl was so watery, even the rice had a hard time absorbing it.

I have never felt so rushed eating a meal as I did here. I'm all about efficiency, but when a patron is taking a break from eating and the bus boy tries to take your plate because they are attempting to turn tables, it quickly becomes an annoyance; again, the dining room was not overly busy.

Now, I do realize buffet can oftentimes not be up to a kitchen's true standing, but I didn't find anything outstanding about the food here.

Final turn off about Persis. They have guest check holders that contain a pocket with a zip slide closure for change and or your bills. Since there was change I was leaving, I inserted the bill, the money and the change in the zip closure side and left it on the table. It was scopped up and as I was leaving noticed the two men at the desk giving me an odd look. Didn't think too much about it. I got in my car and all of a sudden one of the men comes rushing out of the resturant and asks me to roll down my window. He had the nerve to tell me I hadn't paid!!! I looked him straight in the eye and said, I most certainly did; it was in the zip side. No apology forthcoming. They certainly should have completely checked the holder before accusing a first time patron of walking out without paying. Highly insulting behaviour on their part.

Save your money, skip Persis.

Date of visit: August 2018
persismonroe, Owner at Persis Indian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize that you had a bitter experience at the Persis. Just few things I wanted to explain. We had 2 rice dishes in our buffet every time called Biryani (Veg & Chicken/Goat) which is Persis is famous for. Other rice dish is to eat with Dal (Lentil Soup) which is very common in indian lunch.

And we never rush our guests to turn the tables but many guests like to use different plates for appetizer, Entree and Biryani/Dessert. In order not to pile up dishes on table and keep it tidy, we asked our waiters to take them up as soon as guest finish with one course.

Lastly, this is the first time our guest have used a pouch to insert money in the folder. So neither me nor any of our waiter is aware of that situation. And it comes to a waiter's duty to make sure the table is paid. But I apologize on behalf of the waiter for the inconvenience you had and for the misunderstanding.

Hope you give us another chance and we will make sure that you will have a pleasant dining experience at our restaurant.

Thank you.

Mehul

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Nice quiet atmosphere, many good menu choices.

Enjoyed the complimentary rice crackers and sweet dip, and the Fish Moilee was delicious.

All food is prepared as ordered, so sit back, relax, and take in the atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you very much. See you soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The place was getting ready for a December launch. Still some unfinished work but the interiors looked decent and nice. The goat sukha was very good - just the right amount of spices and tenderness. We also liked the ginger chicken. Prices are steeper as compared to other Indian restaurants - but the food quality can also expected to be good. Will plan another visit soon!

Date of visit: November 2017