“Trying hard, but...”

The Millstone Diner Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Millstone
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Nice folks running the place, courteous but way too talkative wait-staff. Food was mediocre at best including a room temperature Caesar salad. Sunday evening but virtually empty - three cars in lot. They offered free desert, a nice gesture. You can do much better.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately almost everything did not work and / or taste good. Rarely the Hungry Gringo reports such sadness, but sadness describes this establishment. For many years and before changes, this place really rocked. Down on the farm, Luchento's and even Luchento's #2 delivered some of the areas very best food. People would wait 2 hours to eat. Now the parking lot is empty. Please bring back the good old days. Start with the kitchen and complete the task with the staff. A complete overhaul is needed. We will then comeback. Sorry.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

I went tonight to the Millstone Diner and got a great burger called " Chucks Burger" that had provolone, bacon, and fried onions. It was very good and also had good perogies. My father got a creole Jambalaya dish and salad that he liked very much and thought was excellent. The portions were fairly large. I plan on going back soon. I know now since we regularly get food at Gus's diner that they have some serious competition.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

This restaurant keeps changing names (luchento's, russo's on 33), yet the food remains about the same. Everything about this place is average: food, wait staff, atmosphere. I will most likely eat here again as it is convenient yet it isn't fine dining.

1  Thank disappointed96
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I'll start this out by saying we had great service. She was cheerful, helpful, nice, and fast.
We just moved to the area and have been trying out all the local places. We weren't actually sure if this was a restaurant, a pizzeria, or a diner. The menu is HUGE. There's way too much stuff on it. I'm not sure how they can keep everything in stock and fresh. In my non professional opinion, they need to make a decision on what kind of restaurant they are and focus and perfect that. Now, the bread for the table was delicious. The soups we all got as part of the meal were very good, and I'm not a fan of soup. My mother and I ordered pulled pork sandwiches. It came with fries, which were the frozen crinkle cut you got with school lunches back in the day. The pork was covered in some kind of hot, chinese orange colored sauce. It smelled like chinese food, not BBQ sauce. And it was incredibly spicy. If I wanted to taste anything for the next few days I could't eat it, and neither could my mom. My husband ordered a cheesesteak and asked for no onion and it was filled with onions, but other than that it tasted OK. We did get coffee which was delicious.
We'll probably give them another try, maybe for breakfast. But really, they need to choose one or even two types of food and perfect it.