“Food is excellent - one problem, though”
Review of Florentinos

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Florentinos
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The Italian sandwiches at Florentino's are excellent - lots of filling on super fresh crusty bread. The eggplant w/roasted peppers & fresh mozzarella is a favorite. The sandwiches with meat are made from freshly cut Boars Head cold cuts, think sliced and made to order. I've been going here for years. Now for the problem. I can't believe I'd never noticed it until I brought a friend with me after bragging about how great the sandwiches are. The employee who made our sandwiches wore rubber gloves - that's good, right? Then they rang up our order and took my cash with those same rubber gloves on. Then they went to make another order - with the same rubber gloves on. Ugh!!

I'm really torn about going back. The food has always been top quality - the sandwiches made with premium meat and bread. The portion is generous - one sandwich easily feeds 2. But the thought of rubber gloves handling germ laden cash and then handling my food is a real turn-off.

5  Thank kl1smith

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We've been using Florentino's for the past 5 years to cater our Thanksgiving dinner. They have a wonderful staff who are engaged with the customers and genuinely care about the service they provide. The food is always excellent and our family is always very complimentary about the selection they provide. I would recommend Florentino's to anyone looking to cater a party, holiday or special event. They even offer a full service BBQ option where they bring the grill to your home. Truly a turn key service by locals who are engaged with the community they serve.

6  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

There can be no better place in NJ for a sub sandwich. Very fairly priced and stuffed to overflowing with meat and cheese on real Italian roll. Friendly and efficient service always, even when busy. Other prepared foods are equally good.

7  Thank Quinnscommentary

Been to Florentinos? Share your experiences!