“A (relatively) new Indian restaurant comes to Middletown”

Haldi Chowk authentic indian cuisine
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Description: Haldi Chowk We are an authentic Indian restaurant with cuisine which is wonderfully varied as the country and its people. From the hearty dishes of the far north to the rich Mughlai cuisine of central India and the spicy fare of the deep south our menu brings together some of the finest examples of great Indian cuisine. We take pride in delivering you the best in Indian cuisine cooked to perfecti
Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm always in the shop rite mall (I keep forgetting the name it goes by)...so on a trip to the UPS store, I noticed Haldi Chowk. I've been three times now....and never ordered anything off the menu. They have a fantastic lunchtime buffet, at a very reasonable price. Of course, service isn't as big an issue at a buffet, but it is excellent nonetheless. Wait staff keep your water glass refreshed, bring out Naan (Flat Bread), and are VERY friendly and attentive.

If you want wine or beer, BYOB.

Highly recommended. I look forward to reviewing again when I try visiting for Dinner and ordering from the menu.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Food was authentic & tasty. Definitely took a little bit of longer for food to come out. However, it was well worth it. It's a small family owned restaurant. I thought the service was fantastic and will be a regular here. I was surprised that a reviewer thought that Neelam was better because I think this place is far superior to Neelam....but everyone's different. Just FYI, I asked for my dish to be spicy & it was super spicy (which I was a pleasant surprise).

Reviewed 31 August 2017

It's one of the best Indian restaurants I've even too. The place is clean and the staff are friendly and attentive. The owner personally came out to ask the patrons if everyone every thing is fine, which has is rare. The Indian breads were warm and buttery. The rice and dishes we ordered were all delicious. It's BYOB which is great as we can bring get our own favorite wine. We wI'll be back to try their lunch and Sunday day buffet.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

It is an amazing Indian Restaurant with real Indian taste. Chefs preparations are great in taste and quality. Very good in service and kind staff.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The great thing about dining with friends at Haldi Chowk is creating a table buffet of our own: We pass heaping bowls of fragrant vegetable selections, soft, or crunchy, saucy, spicy goodness: mild or spicy, it is flavor you take note of, as the heat comes, swirling in tendrils through all that deliciousness. Perfection, you say, and all around you groan: Ummm ...they nod. Simmering flavors slide past your palate carrying spice-rich, deep aromas. We are reaching past, and over, and around each other, laughing and groaning with awe. It is a festival. Haldi Biryani rice. Everyone peers up as the artfully served specialty of Haldi Chowk goes to someone else first. Shucks. Haldi Chowk is a family business, its Master Chef has 30 years of experience under is knife; a humble, intelligent man. A culinary artist. His wife welcomes us in with serene joy, At table we are greeted by Deepak, Owner of Haldi Chowk and a Master of Service, his restaurant, he says is large enough to remain intimate. It is well lit and pleasant, serving the very best, flavorfully, at reasonable prices. Deepak takes great pains and goes to astonishing lengths to see his guests are never treated like customers. One dines and leaves feeling utterly satisfied, having had an unsurpassed dining experience, among new and old friends.

1  Thank SteamyDelicious