“Best Diner around !”

Add it.
The Town Square Diner
Ranked #14 of 82 Restaurants in Matawan
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Great diner, very good food, I love the wraps. Definitely the best diner in town, also the place was just redone. Very friendly staff and owner.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

on entering the diner it was very welcoming, the staff stated all food is fresh and homemade and locally sourced, the atmosphere was terrific as were the staff, and the food was excellent, this is a Diner that I would recommend time and time again

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My wife and I go out every Friday night to different restaurants. This week we visited Matawan, NJ. The restaurant is located in a shopping center and it was easy to find using GPS. The interior was very old and in need of a serious upgrade. The lights were half lit and some of the bulbs were missing creating an uneven ambiance. Some of the banquet seating was cut and torn and the walls and tops of the booths were sticky with grease. While the wait staff was very accommodating and the Greek food was good, it was hard to get past the filth and dingy atmosphere. The food had good flavor, seasoned correctly, and it was cooked hot and fresh. Very few patrons were inside at the time of our arrival, which may have been our first alert. But we wanted to eat and get out of the rain, so we gave it a try. Without change, we will not be back. There are too many other restaurants that are managed better.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 January 2017

This diner is truly a find. It is not your typical diner and the food is served as if you are in a fancy restaurant. Presentation is very important and they hit the mark. The food is always tasty, the service is great and the people are wonderful. The entire staff is to be commended for the job that is being done. I travel from Marlboro to go to this diner when I can go to any closer to my home. Love this place.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

New owner, new name, good choice for a local diner. We went with friends and happened to get in early enough for their early bird specials. Good selection of dinner options, with soup, salad and dessert included. I enjoyed a matzo ball soup, chicken pot pie and peanut butter cookie. I tasted my wife's fish and chips. Both were very good in their own way.

Good wait staff too. I'll be back.

BYOB

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to The Town Square Diner? Share your experiences!