“Our favorite Greek restaurant!”

Niko's Trapezi - a Greek Taverna
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Long Branch
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ph. (732) 222-4600
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to many Greek restaurants - this place is the best! Blows the chains away. From their fresh made feta and cheesecakes, to fresh salads and fish and incredible entrees. We used to live nearby, but moved approx 30mins a few years ago - there are other Greek restaurants nearby, but we always driven to Nikos, our favorite Greek restaurant!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I love the whole fish and Niko's gave me a choice of either the whole Bronzino or the White Snapper. We had both which was delightfully prepared. I chose the lemon potatoes on the side. We were 3 adults enjoying a mid week dinner out. We were lucky that it was quiet at this time. We shared a crispy light Calamari, amazingly large mussels appetizers, and a salad with feta, romaine lettuce, onion. We also ordered pita with humus. All were delicious. The only entree that didn't make the grade was the rack of lamb for my husband. I guess he was expecting much larger pieces of lamb. He usually has the best rack of lamb at another competing restaurant which isn't Greek. Shame on him for not ordering a fish entree. Unfortunately we did not stay for dessert - We went next door for Hoffman's ice cream. This was the first time we had dinner here and I'm sure we will return.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Niko's has very good command of all staples of Mediterranean cuisine. What I especially enjoyed is the house-made desserts. The cheesecake is to die for!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Hadn't been to Niko's in a while and finally came back.

Grilled octopus was outstanding as it always has been- I wish the portion was larger.

The mixed app plate was just ok for us- the hummus had a weird watery texture.

The stuffed chicken was tasty but pretty dry, and the moussaka was huge and good

All in all we had a nice meal and would return- especially for that grilled octopus!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This was our 1st visit to a Greek restaurant. We were definitely not disappointed. Tried 6 different dishes:2 mains and 4 sides..everything was tasty and spot on!
Definitely will recommend to others !