See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We were in room number 3. There were bugs crawling all over the floor and the bed felt like a brick. There were also blood stains on some of the towels in the bathroom. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. It's outdated, dirty, and definitely not worth over $80 for one night.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank azq5028
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My review on hotels.com also:

I stayed here with my friend for one Sunday night. We were given a room with a full size bed and a twin size bed. The full-size bed mattress was incredibly squeaky. Every time I moved or rolled over it was really loud. The power outlets were old and plugs for our phones kept falling out because the outlet holes were old and not tight anymore. The room was very dated and there was dirt along the floor and along the edges of the walls and the room had a very musty smell. The shower was good. It seems like the motel is old and has a lot of required maintenance due to age and needs a lot of updating. Also, I went to get water from the vending machine but the two slots were empty. There were no stores within walking distance on Monday morning and Stewart’s restaurant next door wasn’t open yet. In this condition, I won’t stay there again, which is a shame because the people who own it seem to be very nice. But for $85/night on a Sunday night it was not worth the money. I do not like to give bad reviews, but it really should be a higher quality. Mold all over! Room 3 we were in.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lori C
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The hotel was a good choice, close driving distance to the PNC Bank Arts Center and minutes to Keyport Bayfront Park the next day. The rooms are comfortable, not fancy, but we'll appointed and functional. Wonderful Stewarts restaurant on premises with root beer floats reminiscent of the Seaside Park boardwalk!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelM0m2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The Holly Hill is nothing extravagant but it was great for one night visiting Monmouth Park and the Jersey Shore. They held our room late and we got exactly what we asked for with a small micro-wave and refrigerator. We needed extra pillows and got them immediately. We will definitely be back when visiting New Jersey, as you can not beat the price or location.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Late October is always a magical time for me, so after some years away from the scenic North Bayshore of New Jersey I returned to a memorable, and far from commonplace Holly Hill Motel for a peaceful stay. The property setting and guest rooms have an artistic character with seasonal moods as if they were chapters in time, while Holidays arrive with inviting warmth. The dedicated management is always pleasant and thoughtful with knowledge of this most interesting region. I believe that I shall return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends