“Never again”

Add it.
Don Pepe's
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Jamesburg
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Called to order take out and the phone just kept ringing and then a lady picked up and asked me to hold and then hung up on me. I tried calling again and got the message that the VM is full soon decided to drive there. I ordered the beef, chicken and shrimp fried rice and waited for 45 mins before I got my food and when I got home, they gave me a beef and chicken fried rice with no shrimp but they charged me for it and it's not the first they did this.

The food is good here but they need to get rid of the phone person, she can't get an order correctly regardless if you order in English or Spanish. No apology for the extended long wait, they just don't care. While I was waiting, a customer left due to the wait and another customer wanted to order a smaller portion of ceviche instead of the dinner portion for $15 and they won't accommodate him so he left, money out the window and bad business practice. Won't return again!

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Went with family for dinner on Friday night. We ordered a big plate of mixed seafood ceviche, trout and red snapper. All delicious! Didn't try meats, but it looked amazing. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 21 November 2015

I originally gave Don Pepe a 5 star rating, this time around I'm revising this to 2 stars. When I first came here, the pork chops (chuletas) were grilled perfectly and it came with fried rice, delicious. This time around the chops were over cooked and hard. Lastly, the order came with plain rice, disappointing.

Though the place was very busy with all the delivery and take orders, your food shouldn't go from delicious to bad.

1  Thank Manuel R
Reviewed 31 October 2015

A small restaurant serving great Peruvian food for a moderate price. The Huancaina potatoes are my favorite appetizer. Easy parking and conveninet location.

1  Thank AriQ21
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Their pork chops are to die for and the rice that comes with it blew my mind. Peruvian chicken with green sauce was moist and delicious.

Been to Don Pepe's? Share your experiences!