“Disappointed with Food Quality and Taste ”

The Vine Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Jamesburg
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

About nine months ago, we visited the restaurant with other family members. Everything was great so we decided to dine here again. While the waitstaff was terrific along with the atmosphere, the food quality and taste were less than desirable.

The bread dish served before ordering lacked uniformity in seasoning. Some parts of the bread were seasoned and many pieces were not seasoned at all. The arugula salad had only a few thin slices of grilled peaches and two cherries and a few peanuts. There was very little dressing over the salad to give a hint of taste. The grilled chicken was over cooked and exceedingly dry. Not good news for a quality restaurant.

My wife and son order the chicken franchisee, which also lacked in taste. Even the Parmesan cheese was not fresh but more store bought. Both stopped eating the food because it was that unappetizing.

Sorry folks but this restaurant needs to taste the food before serving it to anyone. This is a thumbs down recommendation.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A great place to meet friends and unwind! The drinks are well made and their happy hour(s) is second to none with house wines, beers on tap, specialty drinks and an awesome bar and happy hour menu. Everything is delicious. The bowl of mussels with bread for dipping and the filet mignon sliders are a favorite. The beautiful dark wood bar and half wall separate the dining room nicely.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful food and excellent service. Our waiter Jason was great, very attentive and friendly. Menu is not huge, but a good variety of selections. Dark Side of the Moon is to die for!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Three of us stopped here for dinner to talk about business and catch up on a project. The waitress (sorry I don't have her name) was very pleasant and able to endure a bit of sarcasm from one of us. She knew when to let a conversation go on without interruption and still was attentive and gave us a good laugh before leaving.

The food was quite good. All three of us enjoyed different dishes and were happy with our choices. In the past, I remember this restaurant as being somewhat expensive but the menu seemed to be more reasonable, although I don't really know if there was was a change.

I will return with friends in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

First and last time there.
Saturday 4 PM and nobody's in the place...should have taken the hint. Ordered the filet mignon sliders at the bartender's recommendation- big mistake. The Gorgonzola cheese consisted of a small, unmelted cube placed in the middle of the sandwich. Most flavorless filet mignon I've had in my life, way overcooked and paired with a stale roll.
Then it got worse- had to hear the quote unquote manager reaming out one of his waiters for something. I actually told him to take it into the back room, I don't want to hear that.
That's when I got up and left.
For the prices at this place they exhibit no class whatsoever.

1  Thank sburns54

Been to The Vine Restaurant? Share your experiences!