“fire the manager, lower the prices or else improve the food”

The Vine Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Jamesburg
Reviewed 26 November 2017

First and last time there.
Saturday 4 PM and nobody's in the place...should have taken the hint. Ordered the filet mignon sliders at the bartender's recommendation- big mistake. The Gorgonzola cheese consisted of a small, unmelted cube placed in the middle of the sandwich. Most flavorless filet mignon I've had in my life, way overcooked and paired with a stale roll.
Then it got worse- had to hear the quote unquote manager reaming out one of his waiters for something. I actually told him to take it into the back room, I don't want to hear that.
That's when I got up and left.
For the prices at this place they exhibit no class whatsoever.

1  Thank sburns54

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This restaurant combines the pub atmosphere with elegant dining. It was refreshing to visit this establishment with my wife and father-in-law. The atmosphere was very pleasant along with the waitstaff. The food was served hot and fresh, however, it more salt could have been added to the lamb shanks and braised beef. The pumpkin ravioli was outstanding. With soup and a salad, each of us was completely satisfied. We look forward to returning soon to try some of the other dishes on the menu. If you are in the neighborhood, please stop by because you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My first trip to the Vine and everything was very good. There were 4 of us and all were pleased with the food and service. I do think it was overpriced and I have restaurants I like better if I want to spend what it cost that evening.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Asked friends to select a new place for a Saturday night dinner. Was surprised when they made a reservation at The Vine, on Railroad Avenue in Jamesburg, NJ. Never had heard of it but it turned out to be an excellent choice, Always glad to see no empty tables on a Saturday night. The place was packed. Lingered over pre-dinner drinks and enjoyed wine with a very ample dinner. No one rushed us. Dinner was delicious. Noticed almost everyone walked out with a doggie bag...to enjoy at lunch or dinner the next day.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

First time visit, had an excellent meal. Appetizer, dinner and dessert were wonderful. Very nicely decorated inside. The waiter was superb! Will definitely be back again!

Been to The Vine Restaurant? Share your experiences!