“It's Like You're "Familia" when you're here.”
Review of Lino's Pizzeria

Lino's Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Lino's has been in Howell over 40 yrs. Used to go all the time, and it was always crowded. Have started going back, after quite a few years, and am sorry didn't come back sooner. The owner is the same, except now his hair is white. He seemed to remember me. They have pasta specials every night: less than $7. Also, pizza specials Monday thru Thursday. Cash only. The pizza is really good, as well as the cheesesteak and manicotti. No frills place.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

In town for a show and found this place. SO glad I did. They have THE BEST garlic knots I've ever had. They're dredged in a bowl of fresh/minced garlic, and when you pick them up and eat them there is so much garlic that it is actually falling off. The pizza is good also.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Pizza is delicious and the price is always right!. Owner is very friendly and takes pride in his food. Will make this a favorite go-to place for the pizza lover in me.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We love going into Lino's. Everyone there is so friendly. The pizza is great and every night of the week they have a great pizza or entree special. Our favorite is the pan pizza on Wednesdays!

Reviewed 23 August 2015

My wife & I had just finished a beautiful sunset kayak outing on the Manasquan Reservoir and was looking for a place to eat close by as it was getting late. About the only thing we found locally were a bunch of pizzerias. Too many to count!!

Being VERY picky about pizza/pizzerias, and finding that for the most part the ones we frequent are just average, we headed for the closest one.

Upon arrival my wife commented that if I wanted to go somewhere else, she would have no problem with that decision. The outside of the building (a two store storefront; one unit vacant!) was a bit dingy and the front door to the pizzeria had a piece of plywood attached to it as the glass had broken at some time and needed to be replaced. Nonetheless it was late, we were hungry, so we cautiously entered and found ourselves in a dated, typical pizzeria style restaurant.

There were tables in the front of the store and the counter and kitchen in the back. My wife and I went in and was directed to sit anywhere we wanted. We sat at a table and waited for the single waitress, who was busy taking care of other diners. After a while my wife got up to ask the woman at the counter for a menu. The waitress intercepted her and brought the menus over to our table along with place settings, silverware and water. She mentioned the specials of the evening and my wife & I placed our orders.

We were served our salad fairly quickly with what appeared to be two loaves of bread. OMG - this bread was to die for. Seriously, it was that good. Then came the surprise of the night.
My wife ordered the special, a plate of two ample size home made manicotti (the pasta was fresh, home made!) Yes, home made pasta!! Who does that anymore? Unbelievable taste. I ordered the Penne Siciliano which is penne pasta with eggplant and ricotta, covered with melted mooz. Another outstanding dish. We ordered a side of sautéed spinach which was the best we ever had in any restaurant, hands down.

Now here's the best part.........in no time at all it was obvious this was a special place. It seemed everyone knew each other. It felt like you were in someone's dinning room on a Sunday afternoon having dinner. Both adults and children were talking, eating, taking turns keeping an active 10 month old boy with a great big smile, occupied. Several of the older children came over to us after we smiled at the boy's big smile and introduced the boy and themselves to us, and explained the relationship of their siblings. A friendly group of people. We're not sure if they were related to the owners and wouldn't have been surprised if they were.

While we were halfway thru dinner, the woman behind the counter came over and introduced herself. She is one of the owners and does some of the cooking. She apologized that it took so long for her to come over as she was busy at the counter. Who does this in a pizzeria?! We spoke a little, then she left to return to the table with a plate of garlic knots...... on the house. Garlic knots this size and this delicious I cannot ever remember having. What a nice gesture.

She informed us that she and her husband have been there for 40 years!! She said she cooks at the restaurant like she cooks at home. I can only imagine all of the aromas wafting thru that house! We spoke of our mutual experiences and devotion to Padre Pio whose picture hangs on the wall behind the counter.

As we were paying our check, she introduced her husband and their son who helps with the cooking. These are warm, friendly family people of Italian decent. We were in heaven as they made us feel right at home. I commented to my wife that if this business was closer to our house, this place would become our second dinning room! It being only 30 minutes away will be worth any future trip here.

Having paid the check, I looked over to the refrigerated case adjacent to us and noticed home made cannolis. We took half of our dinners, and the garlic knots, and the cannolis home to be enjoyed later on and tomorrow. The cannolis were so flavorful, the shell nice and crisp. How lucky were we that we happened into this place.

Just a head's up so you won't be unpleasantly surprised....... they accept only cash BUT as a result, their prices are extremely reasonable. Go......you won't regret the experience of eating very good food.

Been to Lino's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!