“Very disappointing”
Review of Capricci Pizza

Capricci Pizza
Ranked #18 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Having seen the good reviews, we decided to check out Capricci. We chose chicken scarpariello and eggplant parmigiana. The chicken dish was the worst thing I've had in a restaurant in some time. The peppers, instead of being green or red, were gray and mushy, as if they were frozen. Instead of cherry peppers, the dish had jalapenos, the first time I've ever seen those in an Italian dish. The sausage, instead of being in slices, was ground up, first time I've seen that in this dish too. The dish was swimming in liquid, lacking any real taste or seasoning. No evidence of white wine either. The whole thing appeared as if it could have been frozen and then thawed out.

The eggplant dish was mediocre and small, I've had better frozen ones from the
supermarket. I don't know about their pizza, we didn't have any. But at best, this is a pizza joint that is worse than most others at making Italian dishes.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love the gnocchi with pesto. It may be better than my own. For more healthy options, the healthy salad options are abundant and also very delicious. The service is polite and attentive. Great find

1  Thank Carlene P
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Went to this restaurant for the first time for a private event, a gathering of about 100 people. The food was great, and plenty of it. The staff were efficient, pleasant, and very attentive. Our menu included salads, appetizers, main course, pasta. OMG there was a wide variety and it was really tasty. Each course was prepared wonderfully and no dish suffered. Recommend this place? Absolutely.

2  Thank denismor1
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Capricci had the best eggplant parmesan by far! It was extremely fresh and the portion size was perfect!

This restaurant also has great hospitality! The owner and his wife continually checked on our table to see how our food was, it was evident that they take pride in their restaurant!

I will definitely be going back to eat there soon!

1  Thank ajan12
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Great food at a reasonable cost. Everything is always fresh and delicious. Nice portion size. Only reason this isn't #1 in Howell is because it is not visible from Rt 9. Truly a hidden gem.

Been to Capricci Pizza? Share your experiences!