“Good Sushi on Route 9”

Nagoya Sushi Hibachi
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Nagoya is a welcome new addition to the area. My wife and I arrived about a quarter to six on a Saturday evening and the place was nearly full. It appears to be catching on. Nice to see a new business succeeding.

For our appetizer we tried something called the Joy Smile, six pieces of eggplant stuffed with diced salmon and scallions and grilled. The presentation was striking (see picture) and the flavor wonderful.

For our meals my wife ordered a pair of rolls (spicy tuna and yellowtail, see picture) and I had the Sushi Regular. Her rolls came out to about $10-11 and my dish cost $18 and also came with the standard salad and miso soup (both of which were fine). My sushi was good, better than nearby Wok n' Roll in Jackson but not quite as good as Ikko in Brick. That's still pretty good, since Ikko sets a high bar. When I don't feel like the ride down to Brick, however, I would definitely return to Nagoya. It is good to have good sushi five minutes from my house.

1  Thank AlexanderD

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy Japanese food you must give this place a try.
The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.
The service is great with very attentive servers.
The food is delicious.
The soup was hot and flavorful, the salad was fresh and crisp.
The habachi is as good as any we ever had. Even though they do not have habachi tables, we didn't even miss the show with all its noise and fire.
The shrimp tempora was fresh, light and tasty.
Although we did not have the sushi, I noticed that others in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying it.
Prices are affordable. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Don't miss this gem of a Japanese Restaurant. The food is excellent, the sushi and hibachi were some of the best I have ever tasted. If you like good high quality Japanese food at a mid-range price this is the place to go. The staff at the restaurant were top notch and the service was incredible. They do not have hibachi style tables where they cook in front of you, but the food is cooked in the kitchen hibachi style. They have a large selection of dishes on their menu to choose from including wonderful bento boxes. Who knew that you could find an outstanding Japanese restaurant in a local strip mall, but I did and I'm thankful that I did. Thank you Nagoya of Howell, NJ, you are the best. I give them an A++++ rating. Go and discover it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. I had kids with me and they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Been to Nagoya Sushi Hibachi? Share your experiences!