“Nice enough place, food is good not fantastic as we'd hoped”
Review of Sushi by Kazu

Sushi by Kazu
Ranked #12 of 81 Restaurants in Howell
Reviewed 1 week ago

Although this restaurant is good, it's not fantastic. The prep was good, the fish was reasonably fresh, tough to obtain fantastic fish in Freehold I'm sure. The prices were in line not overly high. The ambiance could have been better, by that I mean, the hostess who I believe is one of the owners, the other being the husband and chef, were just not really that friendly, not rude mind you but just not welcoming and warm.
We probably will not return, we are on a quest to find a good sushi restaurant without going all the way into the city. You should try it though, it might be to your liking, as I say and in the interest of fairness, the restaurant is decent.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Located in a strip mall on Rt 9 north bound in south Freehold, Kazu is a wonderful sushi destination. On a lark, I decided to give this eatery a try. The sushi was excellent. The wait time was average but I could see it being a long wait at times as there looks to be a single sushi chef. As i sat at the sushi bar I noticed that the chefs wife greeted every customer as they can in and actually knew them. These are loyal customers and that is a good sign. BYOB is also a plus.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Kazu and his wife are the perfect Japanese couple. Great ambience and selections. Good sushi is euphoric! Worth the trip!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Sushi by Kazu is a small restaurant in the Chadwick Square shopping center on Route 9 in Freehold. The place is quaint but the sushi is sublime. We went with a group of 7 and all had their fill for a reasonable price. The fish is so fresh it melts in your mouth. The service is great and the presentation is a work of art. My wife had not had sushi before so this was a trial run for her. We will definitely be coming back here often. They open for dinner at 4:00 PM. every day.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Kazu not only has traditional dishes but also some Kazu creations. Food is always delicious because of its freshness, and, preparation. The tuna will melt in your mouth. The Sashimi roll and the Soy Sheet roll are favorites. The hostess, Mayimi, always treats us like family. Kazu and Mayimi make you feel at home. We have been going to Kazu for several years now. Kazu sets the bar for other restaurants we visit when traveling. Truly a very enjoyable experience.

Been to Sushi by Kazu? Share your experiences!