“Great local brunch option ”

12 Farms Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Hightstown
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Mission Statement By partnering with local growers, our mission is to secure the best, freshest, local, organic-when-possible, ingredients to cook for our customers. Our menu will change regularly to reflect what's best in each season. We have a simple menu for a reason. Instead of purchasing dried pasta, we start with flour and eggs to make our pasta from scratch. Instead of purchasing frozen gnocchi, we peel the potatoes to make our own, fresh, light-and-fluffy, gnocchi. Our chefs create beautiful dishes with flavor that can only come from a recent harvest. When we are unable to secure a local ingredient, we will communicate that to our customers. With the umbrella heading of a farm-to-table restaurant, our chefs are free to create dishes that cross into different ethnic cuisines. However, the majority of our meals are influenced by Italian and American tastes. To celebrate the local community, we also host live music, art exhibitions and meet-the-farmer events. Stop in and say hello!
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

My first visit... almost didn’t see the location but it’s right across from the parking lot by the lake (next to tavern). Usually I just go to a diner for Sunday brunch but this was a nice break, had the “French style” toast topped with blueberries. I suppose the fruit served is what’s in season locally as blueberries were also in the free mini scones. (I liked both, but waitstaff should advise dining guests of all this up front just as a courtesy.) My side order of bacon was also good, 3 thick strips, Cooked to perfect crispness, it felt real indulgent. I wish I had not let our waiter take away the leftover raspberry jam and cream from the scones, I hate wasting food and it would’ve also gone good on my toast! Again this is where it would be good for waitstaff to think of what the guests have ordered and asked if we’d like to keep it on the table, but I know for next time! Oh and I do feel the breakfast prices were comparable to diners for what we received, just the pressed coffee and the hot tea were pricey but not a drop was wasted, both were enjoyed. Haven’t been through Hightstown in a few years so it was nice to see how much has moved into town since I lived there, wish them much success! I hope to try dinner here soon.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Situated directly across from a beautiful lake in the middle of downtown Hightstown it is convenient place for lunch with excellent service, atmosphere and great food.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Portions were small compared to our previous visit as well as having my main meal being returned to be cooked a little longer. Overall it just seemed to be an off night but not enough that would keep us from visiting again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious! BYOB
The live music was nice just a little too loud for the room but I will be back because the food was cooked to perfection.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

What a little gem on Main St. in Hightstown! This was our fourth visit to this little restaurant that specializes in farm to table seasonal food. The meat is no hormones, the pasta is freshly made, the desserts freshly made. They do have some wines from a local winery. We were 5 adults and shared appetizers: yummy mussels, mozzarella and tomatoes, pesto deviled eggs ( all delicious). Entrees included pasta bolognese ( one of the best we ever had), swordfish special, beef cheek with grits, pork chops. They were accommodating for gluten-free needs, and also for substituting items.Service was friendly and efficient. We will definitely return!

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to 12 Farms Restaurant? Share your experiences!