“Unsatisfying”
Review of Nakayama SUSHI

Nakayama SUSHI
Ranked #39 of 60 Restaurants in Hazlet
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Sushi rolls are 90% rice 10% fish, staff is rude and the place is filthy OSHA needs to checkup on this place unsanitary....

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Ordered 8 different appetizers for 3 people. Everything came out on 2 plates Much was ok but some was tasteless. Spring rolls were soggy. Udon tasted like broccoli flavored water. Ordered 8 different rolls which also came out on 2 plates so there was some confusion as to who ordered what. The wait staff was no help. Seemed they didn't know one item from the other either. Asked for extra napkins was given one. Was also charged 12$ to take home the one roll we didn't finish. Won't be going back there are too many better options around

1  Thank Charlie2233
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

The food and sushi was excellent. Some of the best I have had. Would have been 5 stars but its a bit expensive and the servers were a bit rude

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I've been to several sushi restaurants including multiple "all-you-can-eat" locations nearby. It is located in a strip-mall. Decor is cheap. The servers are incredibly rude and not polite. You are in the restaurant business, you cannot get by with minimal English and minimal social skills. The selection of sushi is inadequate for the amount they charge. Fairly typical menu, but the price is jacked up. I've been here a few times now to give a proper rating and the time it takes to get anything is the most frustrating thing about this restaurant. Hire more chefs, hire an actual hostess, and expand your selection. Improving fish quality could also go a long way!
Once the novelty of all you can eat wears off and multiple high quality restaurants are around, this will be the first to go.

1  Thank Christopher T
Reviewed 19 October 2015

When my sisters and I want to grab a great meal in a place that is chilled out we usually choose this spot. I love the staff, the hostess and I always speak of our children. The sushi is top notch for the area and the prices are average for good Japanese cuisine. I don't know how much money I've spent on Nakayama Sushi, but I do know I'll continue to visit time and time again!