“Hibachi & sushi”

Fuji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 63 Restaurants in Hazlet
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We had a party of 15 come in for Hibachi dinner to celebrate my brother and his family coming to visit from California. We all ordered either Hibachi or sushi and everyone loved their dinners. The chef was entertaining, had a good sense of humor and drew a smile from even the most reserved from our family. Would definitely recommend for family outings or friends or something different just for a little fun. You should go.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My friend and I had hibachi for dinner this past Friday. We both had the steak hibachi dinner. The dinner comes with a salad, clear soup, the steak, mixed vegetables (onions, zucchini, mushrooms) noodles, rice (they now charge you an extra $2 if you want fried rice) and a scoop of ice a cream. It was all good. The restaurant is BYOB so if you enjoy a drink at dinner bring your favorite wine or beer.

The food was good but I felt that our hibachi chef could of been more into it. We have eaten here before and felt that other chefs were more into it. He didn't seem to be enjoying what he does and skipped a few signature hibachi moves/tricks.

Overall it was a decent experience.
The waitress was nice and the food was decent. Just wish the chef seemed more enthusiastic.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Great experience as we dined at Fuji with friends. The cook (didn't get his name) was humorous and enjoyed what he was doing. Food came out perfect and even got to catch zucchini after a almost perfect hit from the cook. Overall great experience. Glynnis remembered us from our last visit on my birthday (back in March). Was happy to welcome us back. Highly recommend!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Great family owned byob restaurant....sushi always fresh and great selection....one of the best Chicken Katsu dinners I have eaten

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

My family and I have visited Fuji at least 6 times. They have always been very nice and the food has always been very good. We have fun watching the Habachi chief prepare our meals and each time has been entertaining. We are headed there tonight to celebrate a birthday. Looking forward to the fried rice and tuna sushi. As it may be a little dated, it has always appeared clean & comforting. You are there for the experience, fun and a good meal not the décor.

Date of visit: May 2015

Been to Fuji Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!