“Wonderful Restaurant with Eclectic Menu”
Review of Metropolitan Cafe

Metropolitan Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 187 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South St (Route 79)
Transit: Bus service to Downtown Freehold, Freehold Borough
Description: Metropolitan Café offers a unique New American Menu with a Pacific Rim flair. Whether you are in the mood for some sushi or small plates in the lounge, a glass of wine from their Wine Spectator Award Winning list, a cocktail from their lively martini bar or an exquisite lunch or dinner, Metropolitan Café offers a wealth of choices in a hip, upscale yet casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We found ourselves here because of a coupon in a birthday Pack I received. So glad we came here because the food is delicious and the service is excellent. We made the reservation on Open Table which is always a plus in my book. It was a 6 pm - early reservation on a Friday night. The menu is very eclectic offering lots of Asian entrees and wonderful Sushi rolls and Sashimi. I had the crab cakes with noodles which was outstanding. I never order this but I was thrilled that I did. They also offered various steaks and italian food entrees. My husband had the sushi which he enjoyed. The Cafe has a bar and it seems to be hopping for the Millenniums into the night. Great hangout place. There is parking in the rear lot but you have to walk through an alley to come to the front entrance. We sat in the rear of the restaurant where there is an open kitchen. There is also nice sitting area at the front and a room upstairs for parties. The Cafe has outside seating in the warmer months which gives you a great view of the Freehold main street opposite the Municipality building. Freehold borough is a happening place in the summer months. I enjoyed eating here and will return.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

My son works in Freehold, so we meet him periodically for lunch. We tried the Metro Cafe this week and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. In addition to a nice selection of salads & sandwiches, they also have a variety of sushi dishes available. I had the tuna sashimi, which was excellent, and a classic grilled cheese w/tomato soup. They also very a full bar if you enjoy a beer, wine or cocktail with your meal. This was my first time at this restaurant, but we will certainly try it again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Went on Sunday afternoon - I think it was around 2-3pm. The place was not busy but it was an odd time. Our waiter could not have been better. He was very nice and friendly. Had a great personality.

Our food was very good also. The calamari/shrimp app was great!

I had the burger salad because I just didn't want to same old thing and it was very good. No bun. No fries. Exactly what I wanted. Burger was cooked as asked.

My date had an oriental chicken salad and that was very good also.

Definitely go here again. The place was nice and clean as well. When we left we noticed the bar area was pretty full. Next time we will try in the spring/summer because I noticed an outdoor area.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The family had a party on 11/18 for my Nephews 60 th birthday. The Filet Mignon, calamari and chicken Parm were very good. Appetizers were very good also.I will go back because the food is that good. Prices were fair.

1  Thank Lenny O
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Ate a super quick bite here with my brother and sister, we shared a few sushi rolls before going to the Amazing Escape Room nearby. Food was delicious and service was FAST- exactly what we needed! I would definitely visit again.