“Double Birthday Dinner!!”
Review of 618

Reserve with OpenTable
618 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 176 Restaurants in Freehold
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: We are a modern rustic restaurant, bar and banquet facility in Freehold, NJ. We are proud to offer a menu that reflects seasonal availability with a creative style that appeals to a variety of palates. Family owned & operated :)
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We were greeted wonderfully. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our server Desiree was remarkable. Very assertive, friendly and welcoming. The place was extremely busy and she still made time to come in between taking our orders to see if "we were ok" or if "we needed anything". Always had a smile on her face from beginning to end! The food was great, my steak was cooked perfectly (which Desiree recommended). We informed her we were celebrating (2) Birthdays and she took it upon herself to bring out (2) mini cheesecakes with what looked to be a mini sprinkler in place of a candle. All in all the dinner, service and the ambiance was amazing!

Hello!

Thank you for choosing 618 for your dining experience. We truly appreciate all feedback and critics as it is how we continue to grow as a business. Here at 618 we pride ourselves on fresh, creative food and excellent customer service! Please at your leisure; feel free to contact us directly at manager@618nj.com with more information about your experience.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 15 May 2017

My husband, daughter and I headed for our first trip to 618 for the Mother's Day brunch. I had made reservations via the restaurant's link. We were promptly seated in the upper level at a table with a surface no larger than a hubcap. Hmmmm... hubby was OK with it. I wasn't thrilled, but I did not request a larger table as the place was filling up rapidly. Some other parties, when faced with a similar dining surface, did in fact complain and were relocated to a four top. The buffet line grew, but moved quickly. Choices: all kinds of muffins, bagels, etc. Pasta, chicken (something or other), roasted new potatoes, salmon, eggplant rolatine, cherry glazed ham (very, very good), spring salad..all kinds of desserts: cakes, pie, tiramasu, mousse etc. Our server was very good...kept me supplied with Bloody Marys (other drink was Mimosa). She and other servers bused the table frequently. All in all a bit pricey, noisy, crowded (especially when other diners are climbing over you trying to take pictures...), some little kids running around. I'd consider going back during lunch or dinner hours.

Hello!

Thank you for choosing 618 for your dining experience. We truly appreciate all feedback and critics as it is how we continue to grow as a business. Here at 618 we pride ourselves on fresh, creative food and excellent customer service! Mother's day is a challenge for everyone so I am sorry for the hiccups in your experience. Please at your leisure; feel free to contact us directly at manager@618nj.com with more information about your experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We went for the Mother's Day brunch buffet. I don't think brunch is part of their regular menu, so I have to give them an A for effort. The selection was somewhat limited for the price of $45 per person plus a mandatory 18% tip. They seemed a little out of their element and fell short on a few seemingly simple things: keeping the food warm, condiments and salt and pepper (with the exception of syrup, none were readily available). That aside, the food was good. Some of it was a bit bland, but the french toast and sausage were quite good. The eggplant rollatini and roasted vegetables were also pretty good. There was a small selection of dessert that was somewhat underwhelming but the Tiramisu and cheesecake were good. They also offered unlimited Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's for $10. All in all, not bad. If it was priced at $34.95, it would be worth returning next year. At $45, they need to step up their game.

Hello,

On behalf of 618, we would truly like to apologize for the experience that you had dining with us. We would like to assure you that these are not the standards that we uphold. We truly appreciate the feedback and criticisms so that we can fix any problems that occur and improve as a business. If you would please contact myself directly at manager@618nj.com, I would love to hear more about your experience here at 618 so that we can prevent it from happening again and invite you back to the restaurant.

Respectfully Yours,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

After a long day of medical tests including an unexpected one that required us to drive another hour to Freehold we found 618 Restaurant best-rated on trip advisor. So glad we followed the recommendations. EVERYTHING was excellent, the decor, the service -- everyone was friendly and happy, and the food and drinks, over the top. The cocktail menu offered unique drinks and one had all my favorites in one: Lemon juice, Rosemary, and smoke flavor from the tequila. It was excellent. They make their own juices for drinks too! The stuffed poblano was flavorful and a unique combination of meat and flavors. Salmon and Shark were great. Not only was the extensive menu thoughtfully populated with great flavor combinations, the decor was thoughtful too. They had sound absorbing panels discreetly worked into the decor. So often sound in restaurants becomes unbearable, not here. Bravo on the thoughtfulness. Definitely a great place for a wonderful dining experience. Could not have asked for a better end to a stressful day. Keep up the great work folks.

1  Thank Kevin B

All the best,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We eat out two-three times per week. Open table is a great tool to find a good place for the time that you want. This was our first time dining at 618. Their website highlights "All Day Happy Hour" from Tuesday-Thursday. Good idea to fill the place on slower nights.
They will offered a choice on OT of sitting in the bar or main area. I made my reservation for the bar. Arrived and was greeted courteously and led to a table in a large room with only two other tables occupied. Waitress was very professional and outgoing.
When I inquired about the drink specials, I was told that Happy Hour deals were only in the bar. Ok. That is where I made my reservation. She asked the manager if they could extend the offer and was told no. We would have to now move to the bar. I stated that I did not want her to lose the table (slow night) so not to worry.
Had Arugula salad which was decent. The pork belly buns were average as the meat was cut very thin and was just one small slice. Tasty but scant.
The halibut chef special was small but nicely presented as was the branzino . We also ordered short ribs to go for our son. All in with tip and three drinks, about $160 (no desert)
The waitress did convince the manager to save us the six bucks for the wine. Overall, the service from the waitress was on point and attentive. She gets it. The awkward position regarding their Happy Hour is short sighted by management. We may or may not be back as their are many good places to eat when you drop 50 per person for weeknight dinners.

1  Thank 68braveheart

Hello,

On behalf of 618, we would truly like to apologize for the experience that you had dining with us. We would like to assure you that these are not the standards that we uphold. We truly appreciate the feedback and criticisms so that we can fix any problems that occur and improve as a business. Happy Hour is still the same in the cocktail lounge during the same times. If you would please contact myself directly at manager@618nj.com, I would love to hear more about your experience here at 618 so that we can prevent it from happening again and invite you back to the restaurant.

Respectfully Yours,
Assistant Manager

Been to 618? Share your experiences!