“What a gem!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: HARVEST Local Seasonal Cuisine is a full service restaurant offering both lunch and dinner. Our focus is preparing wholesome food, from local farmers, bakers and provayers while offering gluten free and healthy meals.
Reviewed 13 December 2015

We did not have a reservation but were seated somewhat quickly around 4:30 on a Saturday night. We wanted to grab a bite before our Christmas Lantern Tour at Allaire State Park. This place came highly recommended via Trip Advisor so in we went. This little gem of a restaurant is very small, so I highly recommend making a reservation. My mom and I had the braised short rib sandwich with crispy shallots and wedge potatoes and my aunt had the zoodles (I think that was what they were called). The short rib was incredibly tender, melt in your mouth good and my aunt really enjoyed her zoodles exclaiming repeatedly how tasty, healthy and fresh they were. My mom and aunt shared the house made cannoli for dessert and loved it. It's BYOB, the owner was welcoming and accommodating and the servers were friendly, kind and attentive. This place is a win/win all around. Go there!

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

My wife and I started dinner off with the
Crimini Mushroom and Amaretto Soup
garnished with toasted almonds. Very hearty and comforting.

We both ordered Grilled Frenched Pork chop dressed with cranberry onion confit served with sides of roasted potatoes and asparagus. The pork chops though huge were done to perfection, moist and tender. Love the potatoes. What we couldn't finished went home.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This was our first trip to Harvest and we are going back very soon. Great food, great service added up to an awesome evening. For appetizer we shared the cheese and meat plater and the beet salad, more than enough food as starters for the four of us. We enjoyed the Pork Surf and Turf, Beef Short Ribs, Pork Special and Strip Steak!! Desserts were also GREAT!! Big shout out to our server, Ashlynn. Plan ahead and make a reservation, you will love this place. Small restaurant like a European Bistro.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Local seasonal cuisine. Menu is always different depending on what they have gotten from local farms, but ALWAYS delicious. They have a board up on the wall that tells where they have gotten there wares. Caroline is a super server. Food is always fresh and delicious. Menu has a lot of variety. Only open a little over a year it's catching on fast.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Definitely make a reservation as this is a popular place that has a meal for every type of food personality. A reasonable cost, great atmosphere and friendly staff

Date of visit: September 2015

Been to Harvest Restaurant? Share your experiences!