“Good food in a fun atmosphere”
Review of Americana Diner

Americana Diner
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 July 2018

This place was suggested by the hotel due to its variety and mid price cost. Food was good. Soup was excellent and all of their desserts are made on site. I had the key lime pie - yummy!! They are doing some renovations but that did not disrupt having a nice dining experience. It had the old diner feel but I was disappointed that they did not play oldies music the night I was there. But a great value for your money.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Americana since I was a kid (give or take 30 years). Lots of great memories here. Americana was a typical diner early on- giant menu, good prices, chipped dinnerware, etc. It became very popular. Over the years, Americana has had a few extensions, their menus have changed, and the diner has now become more of an upscale restaurant. It's no longer the NJ diner staple you would expect (and can see from the outside). Not sure if it is even fair to call this a diner anymore. Still is decorated like a diner, has a casual feel and service- but the menu is upscale, pricey, and limited. No salads from what I saw.

Concept is confusing. Not sure if this will be resolved with the ongoing renovations. Food is good- but its neither good diner food- nor is it especially good farm to table food (as it is now being marketed). If I want an upscale organic meal, I will go elsewhere.

I don't know the background of why the business changed- but I think it is a little sad this is no longer my go to diner. If it ain't broke, why fix it? The area doesn't really have a great diner and this is on the side of a somewhat shabby highway surrounded by budget shopping complexes. At one time, this was one of the most popular diners in the area and maybe the state. A lot of long time residents have stopped coming here. Don't get me wrong, I love some good organic farm to table eats and gladly dole out for fancy food- but just leave upscale restaurants for historic NJ main streets.

Please just be an actual diner again!

Giving 2 stars for the sake of nostalgia.

1  Thank smgt23
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Used to love going here, but then it was sold. The new owners think they are a high class restaurant when they are really a very overpriced diner.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Both my husband and I developed stomach problems an hour after leaving the diner.
The worst Paella by far that I had every had.
The hamburger and fries was also low quality

1  Thank mojgan m
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This has the items you want in a great NJ diner- big fresh omelettes, breakfasts, sandwiches and burgers, plus creative and unusual menu items. Great coffees and deserts too. A family and friend favorite for years.