“Mixed Reviews”

Americana Diner
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in East Windsor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Met friends for dinner and picked the Americana because it was midway between our homes. They should change their name or put up a sign that lets you know it's not your typical diner menu. I enjoyed my meal very much. The corned beef on my Reuben was lean and tasty. I loved my dessert! Blackberry and peach cobbler. So good! Our waitress was wonderful. Knowledgeable, friendly, attentive. This woman was a professional.

Unfortunately, there were a few people in my party who were not pleased with their hamburgers. They were okay but not worth the price. The small menu void of regular diner faire was a disappointment to several of us. My mistake was not going on TripAdvisor first and check out the menu beforehand.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

If you walk in the front door - yes, it looks like a diner, but it should be called the Americana Bistro Diner. The food here is a cut above what you get in a typical diner.
We like sitting in the lounge where the bar is located. The ambiance transports you to another place and makes for a very relaxed experience, even with the multiple flat screen TV's above the bar. On our most recent visit I had the Turkey BLT. I was pleasantly surprised that the turkey was hand carved and roasted right there. It was a great sandwich and a good selection for side order choices. The menu is interesting here. I am rather shocked that there are some poor reviews posted here. We have stopped in at The Americana four times in the past six months and every order we placed turned out to be a hit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This would be a 5 star review if the service had been good. I got the Corned Beef Rueben which was excellent. My Waitress was very helpful and nice. After I got my food she got super busy and forgot about me. My super awesome rishi green tea ran out midway through my sandwich and I had to nurse my water. Finally got a refill in a to go cup when I got my check. The chickpeas and bread were awesome too. I'd come back again for sure cause I don't think my waitress intentionally forgot me.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The enu is unusual for a diner. No comfort foods listed. I ordered an egg white cheese omelette and French fries.30. I uses later my pufffy omelette arrives with an unknown food mixed in it. I questioned what it was. She replied that it was the French fries!!! Chopped and added into the omelette????? Unreal. 20minutes later a correct one with a side of fries arrived. Maybe our server was new. But no apology. She kept saying that I asked for fries.
So I ate alone way after my friends were done.
I will NEVER RETURN there.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Brittma
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I was excited that we were gonna eat at this diner. We last ate here 2 years ago on a six flags weekend and several other times before that. The place was awesome back then. Great waitress staff with plenty of laughs and great food. Fast forward to today and I'm left with a upset stomach and a 75.00 bill. Let me explain. The place looked a little more run down then I remember and the glass food case when you walked in contained just that. Glass. I believe I remember some awesome deserts that made you just want to skip the meal and just grab a piece of something in the case. 1. My son took one bite of his burger and though I ate all of mine I wish I wouldn't have. Very greasy and they seem to add butter to the bun. The 1 quarter size onion ring on it with a dab of some kinda sauce and BAM that's your southwest burger. 2. My daughters grill cheese that was suppose to contain avocado and some other things just had cheese on it that looked like it was microwaved and even though my wife liked her crab cake (3) it looked like it had more corn then crab and a lot of filler. All in All this was the last time we will ever go here. Funny side story, it was sunny out and the ceiling was dripping water at the table beside us.

Date of visit: July 2017