“Always a treat”

Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full Service French Inspired Bistro. Serving Cuisine inspired by the season. Proudly sourcing local ingredients and minimally manipulating them to allow them to shine as they are.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This resturant is always a treat! The ambience is something special, and you can't help but be happy when you are here. Staff is always remarkable, knowledgeable and friendly. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ever ordered. The chocolate shop is located next door, so you can always go home with some treats. Winter trips have always been cold- to the point you can't take off you're jacket, so don't bother looking cute, beause you will need to leave on you're jacket. All other season, the temperature in the resturant are fine.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The food was great but I still feel like we overpaid. They have a small selection of non alcoholic drinks which for me was a problem because I do not drink alcohol. I don’t understand why, I’m assuming because they want to sell more alcohol that way. I got the chicken, which was good but the portion was big. When I asked to get the rest to go they put it in a cardboard box. My dish had been soaked in gravy so obviously it leaked through the box almost immediately and it was no good after that. The French fries that came with my husbands ribeye were fantastic though. Overall, I wouldn’t go back.

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were here on a Thursday night so it was quiet perhaps all of fifteen per cent of the available tables were being used. I started with the watercress salad, fresh, light and delicious, then had the striploin, perfectly cooked to medium rare, moist and tasty. There was more gristle on the cut of meat that I had than I am used to at these prices; I only note this so that one is aware. The steak frites are flat-out excellent, a very light dusting of parmesan cheese I believe, I had both ketchup and at the suggestion of our waitress the garlic aioli which was just grand. It is a huge portion of fries, most of which I took home. My wife had the roasted chicken, also excellent. For dessert we had the chocolate lemon cake and the hazelnut orange cake and two lattes and they were large cups of Joe, not at all small. The total for all of this was 116 bucks (including 12 bucks for one glass of an excellent caberert) which is quite reasonable for this level of excellent food.

The service was professional and attentive. It was a lovely meal and we shall be back.

1  Thank BaysideConnecticut
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have gone there several times a year for 15 years, it's an institution and has always been the place to go in this area. But it now seems to be struggling a little.
Service was, as always, great. The place itself is unchanged. But the food?
Two of us recently had dinner there and the food was kind of at diner level. But it's too expensive for that, and this is a place where the food is normally top level, delicious, interesting and creative.
This time it just seemed odd and too sweet; plenty of sugar appeared in meals where we didn't expect or want it, like seafood. And there just seemed to be less care in the presentation and preparation than normal, particularly the cooked food.
Hopefully this is a blip and the chef is just on vacation. Meanwhile, we'll try elsewhere for a while.

2  Thank Tujlk
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Dining at Burdick's is a welcomed relief from all the pub food in the area. Our waitress Janet was a delight. Upon seating, she immediately provided us with ice water and the most delicious French bread. My husband opted for the Mussels and Truffle Parm Frites which were served with ketchup (no) and Garlic Aoli (YES!) I ordered the Steak Frites. The steak was tender and cooked to a moist medium rare. The frites were Belgian style, crispy, flavorful and plentiful. We chose a Sancerre from the varied wine list and followed our meal with a Hazelnut Cake and Blueberry Gelato. Perfection.
The restaurant is cozy, charming and well appointed.
We had a chance to chat with the chef and thanked him for his work. Burdick's is an hour drive from our residence but well worth the trip.
Before leaving, we stopped in the chocolate shop for a Lemon Macaron and picked up some chocolate mice and penguins for friends. Wonderful dining experience.

1  Thank CookieGK