“Great Wine with a beautiful view!”

Walpole Mountain View Winery
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Walpole
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I live not far from the winery and everyday coming home from work I see the sign for the winery. Today (June 17th, 2017) we took a ride out towards the center of Walpole, which is beautiful…and after viewing all the cow farms we ahead out to the winery. Definitely worth the trip! The greeting was very welcomed and they explained the wine tasting and you picked your six wines, which they give you the list of wines with the descriptions and then you go and watch a video about the winery and how it differs from winery in warmer climates. While you’re watching the video, they are preparing your six selections and serve you in another room which is a view of all the grape vines. Very nice and relaxing. I would go again, there are other wines I’d like to try. This is a family own business!

2  Thank Cheryl A
in 2 reviews
"your choice"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Slightly different from the typical wine tastings we've done. First they have you select your glass and wines, then you move to another room to watch a short video. Finally, you proceed to the back room overlooking the vineyard and mountain side where your flight of samples is delivered. Highly recommend the Barnett Hill White and Vintner's Reserve!

2  Thank briegel22
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I've always loved Walpole as my grandparents lived there, but as an adult coming back to visit with my family, I wondered what type of activities would be available. The winery came highly recommended by 2 family members and I'm glad I listened. I've done California and Oregon wine country before, so I was hesitant about New Hampshire wine. The views were spectacular and the wine tasting was shockingly delicious! This winery gives us NH born folks something to be proud of. One thing that was most impressive to me, was that this is an estate winery and they only use their own harvest to make their wines, no grapes are brought in from other areas. I ended up buying the La Crosse and the 1761 Walpole wines. It was hard to pick which wines to buy because they were all so unique and also very well priced. Depending on your state, they can also ship cases to you. If you are ever in Southern NH or VT...this is worth the trip.

2  Thank Caleb D
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We just loved our visit. What fun! I was really surprised at the variety of wines available and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Choose the wines you wish to sample and rather than hanging out at the tasting bar as is often the case, you watch a short movie about the winery and then are brought to the beautiful porch wit great views of the area. They bring you samples in a sampling board (similar to a beer flight) you get to sample at your leisure and get to choose the glass (stemmed or stemless) that you wish to use. The porch area is very social and we got to talk and laugh with other visitors. Gift shop is super nice and they wrap your bottles up beautifully. Such a fun time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were out driving and saw the signs for the winery. On a whim we decided to follow them and were pleasantly surprised. The drive brought us through the rolling hills of Walpole. Great scenery consisting of old NE farms. The vineyard was fogged in but what we could see was beautiful. They had a great set up for choosing your wines for tasting and a beautiful, rustic room for the tasting. This was so much more comfortable than standing up at a bar to taste the wine as some wineries have you do. The wine was delicious. You had the option of adding food items to your tasting if you wished. We are definitely going back during the growing season and preferably on a sunny day! I hear a trip to Burdicks (Chocolatier & restaurant) in town is also worth a visit.

1  Thank Ann W