All reviews south building indoor pool hiking trails full kitchen living room ping pong video games hot tub hilltop restaurant one bedroom unit great place for families recommend this resort great resort washer dryer hole golf course lakes region new hampshire
Reviewed 3 January 2016

The place has great views. The accommodations were great in size. We had two bedrooms and three bathrooms. However, we were not a fan of housekeeping. They didn't visit us daily as expected, so we were always looking for more towels. The big pool was not in our building so we had to walk up and down or drive every time we wanted to use it. That was a pain with four kids and snow outside. The walk wasn't safe either as you have to walk on the street with cars coming up and down. We had a buffet dinner for NYE and that was great. However, it was not cheap. I thought $14 for one drink was very stiff. We are talking about a martini. However, the food quality was excellent. The staff in all areas of the resort was great. Very friendly. I would prefer more activities during the day. The only thing available was the pool over the New Years holiday. Overall, I would stay again. However, I think summer might be a nicer time because you can get out more.

Room Tip: Ask for area with bigger pool if you have children.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Niccum
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here in July 2014. We had a one bedroom east unit. We stayed in a different one bedroom east unit in December 2015.
Pros:
-The indoor pool with the slides is great, especially when it's cold and snowy outside.
-The views are beautiful.
-The jacuzzi bathtub was a hit with my son. It makes huge bubbles!
-There was plenty of space in the guest rooms.
-You can use the pool all day after check out. We packed up, went out to breakfast, then hung out at the pool until the kids were tired enough to sleep on the way home.
Cons:
-2014: We tried to go back to the indoor pool but it was unexpectedly closed. Two year olds do not take that kind of news well. At least there was another indoor pool, but no slide or kiddie pool.
-2014: There were bees in the sand at the playground outside our room, so we could not use it.
-There's nowhere to get breakfast at the resort on weekdays.
-There were serious issues with the housekeeping. As far as I can tell, there is no housekeeping staff! During our 2014 visit, we were gone all day but housekeeping didn't come so we returned to our mess and had to call to ask for new towels. Then, my son found a diabetic needle point thingy (not sure the proper name) by the edge of the bed! I'm so grateful he told me about it immediately instead of exploring it on his own. The needle, along with the band aid wrappers next to the bed, told me that they did not clean thoroughly between guests' stays, in addition to not cleaning thoroughly (or at all, in our case) during guests' stays. A security person came and inspected the room to see if there was anything else amiss. We were told that the housekeeping staff was new and there had been other problems recently. We were offered a credit for a free night in a similar room or a 2 bedroom. I asked to have written confirmation, but I was assured that it was written in my file. When I insisted on having something in writing for my own reference, they sent me a letter describing my future stay in the very same suite with no option to choose other accommodations.
I was pregnant at the time of our first stay, so we were unable the use the credit for some time. We tried to book a list minute trip in August 2015, but nothing was available. We tried again this month (December 2015) but were told that credits can't be used on vacations or holidays. Given that the credit is a result of their poor service and that I am a teacher who can only travel on vacations and holidays, I was frustrated. I expressed this and told them that I was planning to submit my Tripadvisor review about our 2014 visit, but management decided to allow us to use the credit during vacation week AND they discounted the second night for us. I was excited to give them a second chance. Unfortunately, this trip was very similar to the last. We had a great time in the pool, but housekeeping never came, even though I called two times to tell the front desk that my son brought us a dead mouse frozen in a trap that he found while playing in the snow on our balcony, and that we needed new towels. When I called at 1pm, front desk assured me that we were on the schedule for a cleaning. Around 6pm, I called to ask if the mouse & towels had been taken care of because we were on our way back. The guy at the desk kind of chuckled and said that if I told them there was a dead mouse, he was sure it was taken care of. I called him back after we returned to find that our room had not been touched. He sent a maintenance person to get the mouse and bring towels. Someone from management is supposed to call me since this was the second time we had a problem with our stay, but if they offer us another credit, I'm not sure I want it! We will be looking for a different hotel with similar amenities the next time we plan a trip.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank collivan
Reviewed 19 December 2015

This is a nice place to go when you want to get away from it all. Not a lot of activities, but there are many things in town and within driving distance. Layout is kind on funky in the older buildings, with lots of steps, even inside the units, but plenty of privacy for parents.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Golf Course, Awesome Restaurant, Jacuzzi Pools, Indoor and Outdoor pools, Bars, Gym, just and awesome time all around, the views are incredible and differ depending on the season, I visit here every season.

Room Tip: Get a second or third floor room for best views
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2015

I came with my boyfriend for a special weekend and the hotel was nothing short of amazing. Heather was great and approachable at the concierge desk and Sean was amazing in the restaurant. I asked for a private dinner for my boyfriend for an occasion and Sean helped me plan the entire meal. He taught us a great deal about wine during dinner and made the experience absolutely amazing. I would love to come back and would certainly visit the restaurant as it was the best. One thing I would change is, the concierge called us twice during our stay and also showed up at our door to ask if we needed anything. It woke us up from a nap twice which was very inconvenient. If we needed something or wanted something Heather made it clear to press 0 so we did not need to be checked on a bunch of times. Also, room service never cleaned our room during our stay.

We got room service twice - about a 20-30 minute wait which is expected, food was amazing. When the concierge called we asked for towels that were brought to us in 2 minutes.

Hotel had a WONDERFUL view. We stayed in 49C in the South Hotel which is right next to the building with the restaurant - very convenient and the newest hotel there. The bathroom was amazing. A seat in the shower, glass doors and giant two person jacuzzi. The room was large as well and a brand new TV. I could not complain about anything in the restaurant or in our room, it was amazing. The West pool was closed but we visited to see what it looked like and we are excited to come back and stay again when that pool is open. There is a bar (Oasis Bar) near the West pool that looks like it would be a good time as well. We are excited to come back and stay again!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the South Hotel are great - wonderful location and great views. Try to get one that is bigger (a or b) so that you have a balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple