Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AmyM487
Bridgton, United States

Decent hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Aug 2022
We stayed here the last weekend in July while we were in town for a softball tournament. Overall we were happy with our stay. The common areas and our hotel room were clean. The layout of the hotel is a little odd and the lobby is on the second floor because it is built on a hill, but that was not a problem as it is fully accessible with elevators. Our room was on the first floor which was handy because you can access it from the back parking lot using a key card. That made it easy to bring things back and forth to the car without having to use the elevator. I only gave it four stars because the complimentary breakfast didn't start until 7 am and we had to be at the field for 7 am. So far, every hotel we have stayed at this summer, had breakfast starting at 6 am, so we had to arrange another meal option for the first day. Luckily the second day we were able to enjoy the breakfast as we had a later start time. It was delicious. That day they had scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cheese omelets, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cinnamon rolls...

One thing I have to remember when I book at a Holiday Inn Express is that there are no microwaves in the room. We get take out when we travel a lot and it is not easy to heat up leftovers this way. I was able to use the microwave in the store in the lobby.

We did see at least 3 people get angry at the front desk area one evening because it appeared that there was only one person on duty and when they needed to help, there was no one there to help them. We were eating take out in the common area and witnessed this. In the worker's defense, we know everyone is short staffed and the person was not just hiding from customers, they were helping other customers by getting towels or shutting down the pool area and things of that nature. Everyone just needs to be patient. We would stay here again if we were in the area.
Date of stay: July 2022
Room Tip: The first floor rooms are easy to access from the back parking lot. It is also on the same floor...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Wyndham
    $158
12.2 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Merrimack
All reviews front desk bagels would stay here again complimentary breakfast first floor common areas parking lot nh elevator hallway microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2022

We stay at many Holiday Inn Express properties throughout the year and this one was disappointing. Here are the reasons why:
-multiple full trashbags left in the hallway all night
-Weird smells in the hallways and rooms
-Used lotions and soaps on the counter not replaced between visits.
-Bathroom fan fully covered in dust with some dropping anytime we turned it on until I cleaned it myself
-Hair in the shower drain.
-Only one small garbage can in the whole room.

We will find somewhere else to stay next time we are in the area

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Hello ktpc2005,

We appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear from one of our valued guests.

Here at Holiday Inn Express And Suites, we always ensure that we give the best hospitality in town. I am sorry about the issues you had during your stay. I will be sharing your feedback with hotel management for review.

We hope you can give us a chance to regain your trust and confidence in our service.

Stay Safe!

Carl J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 May 2022

Merrickmack NH stay 21 May 2022
We arrived at 3:55pm to check in, front desk staff appeared confused as to if our suite was ready. They had to go check, when I asked what time check in was they said 3pm.

I went to the car to tell my family we’d have to wait a few minutes, after ( 5-10 minutes I went in with my son to use the washroom, they said the room was ready, staff was not very polite.

I called later that night around 6-7 pm to ask for a corkscrew, after the front desk guy hummed and hawed I offered to come get it at the front desk, which I did and returned it ASAP.

At around 9:20 pm I called again asking for sheets and blankets for my son who was sleeping on the pull out couch. Same guy as all day said they would bring it up to the room shortly. By 10:35 pm we were all tired and wanted to sleep, so we ripped two sheets of the beds and put them on the pull out couch.

Staff didn’t show up at all…
10:35pm we went to sleep without the blankets or sheets for my son.

The following morning I spoke to the new guest services and he was very polite, and apologetic. And said he would put points on our account, still no points.

I will not stay here again.

I don’t recommend this hotel.
If I could give 0 stars I would.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 20 February 2022 via mobile

Had to wait 10 minutes at the front desk because there was no one around. When we finally checked in, the room wasn’t properly cleaned. We found candy wrappers, a vape pen, and a pair of underwear. Then we found carpet nettle larva on the ground. It’s a DUMP.

Room tip: Don’t go here
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank moejo123
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merrimack, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2022

Hi moejo123,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. Although we have limited service hospitality, we strive to offer a seamless and relaxing stay. I'm sorry to learn that your stay was not as comfortable as it's supposed to be because of the overall cleanliness and shortcomings in customer service. I know that this can be upsetting especially when your trip was supposed to be a relaxing one.

We take feedback seriously and would like to get more info to share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Despite some of the services not meeting your expectations, I hope you choose IHG still on your future travels.

Best Regards,

Jenilyn J
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 September 2021

Staff was very friendly. When the fridge in our first room wasn’t working, we were quickly moved to another room. Unfortunately, that fridge didn’t work either. (both ran but neither kept the fridge cold or even slightly cool.) Luckily there was ice on the 3rd floor at least. Breakfast was great as always. Large selection of hot and to go options. Bed was comfy. Towels were soft and actually did dry you off. Large dispensers in the shower for shampoo/conditioner/shower gel – products were good, but I hate the large dispensers. If you want to wash your hair outside the shower it’s a pain. Bring back the small containers! We did have a ¾ full lotion bottle …. No comment. One bad thing – hair in the shower drain. Used large wad of toilet paper to remove. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 15 September 2021 via mobile

Place was a nice place me and my boyfriend spent a couple days here and never had a problem. we go to do our laundry one night and I accidentally fell asleep and when we went back to get our laundry when I had woken up it was gone. I went to the front desk lady at the front didn't even seem to care. Had called to talk to management told them what happened he said he would look into it and call me back and never did. No one cared that someone just stole all the clothes I owned and we don't have the means to go buy my boyfriend and I new clothes at this time. A phone call back would have been nice. Never do laundry here its not worth it!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple