All reviews comfort inn mini golf course pancake machine cinnamon rolls yogurt hobo railroad white mountains complimentary breakfast the breakfast area king suite room was clean ice castles hotel is in a great location pool and hot tub excellent breakfast staff was friendly and helpful fridge and microwave
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Only needed one night for a stay at the White Mountains, my favorite place on earth, and was only able to get what I was looking for at the Holiday Inn Express. It wasn't my first choice, but I bit the bullet and paid more than what I was hoping to pay for the night. We arrived after 10pm and the check in was very easy, the desk staff were very courteous. In fact, they upgraded our room to a suite and gave us the choice of which floor to stay on. The room was very clean and pleasant. It was a suite that that a pull out couch and 2 lcd tv's, though they were several years old, but they worked properly. There was a very small and spotless kitchenette with a fridge, sink, and microwave on a granite counter. The bathroom was spotless but small. It was obvious everything had been updated several years ago, but the tub looked like it was worn out and slippery. The beds were made beautifully, though much firmer than I am used to. However, I slept well nonetheless. My biggest complaint about the room was the lack of hdmi ports. All hotels should have that in this day and age. I did use the pool at 7am. The pool area was clean, though someone dropped the ball the night before by not replenishing the towels and removing the used towels from the day before. The pool, is small, but sufficient for a refreshing swim. The temperature of the water was on the cool side. Also, the hot tub was very nice. The breakfast was adequate. You could have some sausage biscuits with gravy, small premade omlettes, pancakes, cinnabbons, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, bagels, or croissants. Nothing was spectacular, but it was sufficient. While this hotel was in a very heavy tourist area, I couldn't help but get the feeling the hotel was aiming at business travelers as their prime market. But there were plenty of tourists like myself. Most people at the breakfast area were families dressed like they were going to some of the attractions that are plentiful in Lincoln, NH. I rate this Inn as very good, though not flawless.

1  Thank RhodyRaybo
BradC2180, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

RhodyRaybo,

Thank you for your review. We try to be a hotel that appeals to all different types of travelers. Certainly for business travelers we want to ensure we have the facilities to meet there needs but we welcome many families and leisure travelers throughout the year, especially during those school vacation periods. We try to offer a delicious breakfast that everyone will enjoy but we do balance that with the practical needs of being able to prepare and replenish it quickly. Our Good Morning Girls work very hard to maintain the quality and quantity of the food throughout the morning. It is great to hear check-in was easy and friendly and the room was clean. I appreciate your notes of where there are small opportunities for improvement. While I appreciate Very Good we will try for Excellent (if not flawless) the next opportunity we have to host you as our guest.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Kait and Matthew were helpful and attentive on check in. The rooms were large and clean. The pool and hot tub are well maintained and clean. The complimentary breakfast is good and varied. Would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Bigcityd,

Thank you for recognizing Kait and Matthew and their efforts to make you feel welcome upon arrival. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities and cleanliness of the hotel. Look forward to see you in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I've stayed at HI hotels for years, and this is in their top tier, including Crown Plaza. It has all the amenities traveler needs without the absorbent cost. Great staff. great service , great property all around.

66Gael,

While some may think of express service as less than full service we certainly don't. Our goal is to provide a stay experience where just about everything is covered by your room cost. We don't charge extra for things like breakfast, parking and wifi service and definitely no resort fees! Our staff is just as friendly and helpful as a full service hotel's without one hand waiting on a gratuity. Its how I would want to stay and I am glad you enjoy it too.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2018. Hotel is well furnished and clean. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to a Queen "suite" which I guess is a little bigger than a regular 2 Queen room. Our room was on the corner looking out across to the Hobo mini golf and railroad (very nice view). Beds were comfortable and everything was clean. Breakfast was as good as any at Holiday Inn Express hotels (pretty standard stuff).

We were very happy with this place but there were a few things we didn't like. The bathroom seemed to have a faint mildew smell from the beginning. We sprayed it with air freshener and left the fan on but it never really completely went away. I suspect it has something to do with the bathroom door automatically shutting (it opens inward and is a fire door) so when the fan gets turned off the room just traps moisture. Also there was some kind of ventilation shaft in the wall that occasionally emitted a popping noise (sort of like popcorn popping). We remedied that by turning the AC fan on. The bathroom had no towel racks and the room didn't have a lot of plugs for electronic devices. Also there was not separate light for the "suite" part of the room (the part with the couch and TV) -- found that a bit odd.

But the aforementioned things we really minor. We enjoyed our stay and found the accommodations very comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank MisterMVA

MisterMVA,

Thank you for your review. That location is one of my favorite too and I am glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate you pointing out some items for us to make note of. While we need to have the bathroom door default to automatic closure we do put door stops in the rooms in the event you want to keep the door from closing while in the room. Overall I am glad you found the accommodations comfortable and hope you would stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very good.
We were able to check in early.
The room was real nice. King size bed, although it was very hard.

Free breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Danish, toast, bagels, muffins, cinnabon rolls, eggs, bacon, omelet, pancakes and cereal.

The hotel is located close by to some attractions such as the Hobo train ride, flume Gorge and others.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brad C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

JoAnn C,

While it sounds like your visit might have been brief I am glad we were able to make the right impression and I appreciate your taking the time to share your review. I hope you will get further opportunities to get a night away and spend some time with us.