All reviews indoor pool continental breakfast fresh baked cookies yogurt budget hotel off the highway ceiling fan lincoln nh flat screen one night stay would stay here again stayed two nights lincoln area nice place to stay exercise room minute drive franconia notch
Reviewed 16 November 2017

I stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites for one night in October 2017.

The Econo Lodge is located off Interstate 93, on US Route 3, Lincoln NH and is part of the Choice Hotels chain. There is ample free parking on-site and it is surprisingly well equipped for a budget hotel. Check-in is quite late at 4pm and check-out is 11am.

Check-in was quick and the reception staff member was friendly and efficient. On arrival, you can help yourself to a free cookie (which is a nice touch).

My room was on the ground floor in one of their recently renovated rooms. It was a standard room which comprised of two king sized beds, a business desk & chair, combined wardrobe unit which encompassed a flat screen TV, a microwave and fridge. There is also an armchair and full-length mirror in the room. There is no tea/coffee making facilities but you can get complimentary drinks in the hotel lobby whenever you like.

The bathroom has complimentary toiletries (hotel own brand) along with a walk-in shower. The shower pressure is good and the water doesn’t go cold unlike some hotels I’ve stayed in. The towels were fresh and clean on arrival as was the bed linen. The room overall was spotlessly clean.

The hotel also has an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym. The Jacuzzi was amazing and the water in both the pool and jacuzzi was clean and well maintained. The gym had several pieces of exercise equipment in it, but as I didn’t use the sauna or gym I’m unable to comment further.

Each morning you get free continental breakfast whereby there is a selection of fruits, cereals, muffins, eggs and sausage patties to keep you going till lunchtime. The breakfast is surprisingly good to be honest and you can help yourself to as much as you like.

There is free Wi-Fi in the hotel and the signal and speed is decent throughout.

The hotel has a quiet time policy between the hours of 10pm-7am and this unfortunately is where the hotel failed to deliver. I retired to bed around 11pm and was kept awake most of the night by the person in the room directly above. I rang reception to complain about the noise and they said they would “look into it”. Unfortunately, either nothing was done or the guest in question ignored what the staff said to them. When I mentioned it the next morning on check out the guy on reception wasn’t interested.

Apart from the lack of sleep, the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites is good value for money if you are on a budget.

Overall rating 7/10.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen N, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

I am sorry you were disturbed by some of our other guests; we make every effort to ensure that all of our visitors are considerate of their neighbors. I am showing tht we did contact the other guests who were loud late in the evening and they assured us they would keep things quieter. When the staff went and checked the area after that, they did not notice any unusual noise level from any of the other guests and believed the situation had been remedied. Again, my apologies,as we strive to ensure all of our guest have a pleasant and relaxing visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have to say,, this is a great location, the in room Jacuzzi was nice, the breakfast was on par for this type of hotel, and the service was very good. However, this place has the hardest beds I have ever slept in in my life. The wife and I were up a few times the first night and had to use couch pillows in order to sleep the second. all of the other amenities were nice, but I get a room for the bed. even if they used a pillow top of some kind it would have been better, but we were staying only 2 nights so I didn't feel the need to ask for another room or anything, we had asked for a Jacuzzi room, and I wasn't sure we would get one if relocated.

Room tip: don't get rm 136
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen N, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are in the process of renovating the property and will be replacing the mattresses with brand new Sealy mattresses and foundations. We had not reached the Jacuzzi rooms in our progress by the time you visited us, but they will be refurbished shortly and will be even more attractive for your next visit. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Cannot fault this hotel. In every way the cleanest, nicest, most up to date quality furnished stay on our eleven days on the road. For the price (esp. this time of year) it was amazing. The beds were a dream, the bathroom first rate with a flattering non-steaming mirror! Loved the grey vinyl flooring instead of tired carpets we've experienced. All so clean and inviting. Wanted to stay on and enjoy fabulous looking indoor pool,jacuzzi, spa and exercise room, but fully booked for weekend. Sadly not every Econolodge is anywhere near the quality of this franchise place! Has cottages too. Breakfast and eating area extensive and inviting. Would highly recommend.

Room tip: Best views upstairs in front with sliding door to deck. Cottages look nice for families.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback and we're glad you enjoyed the improvements and the newly refurbished rooms. I am just sorry that we were unable to extend your visit with us, but we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The room was not clean, the breakfast was terrible, the TV stopped working, no hot water, it was noisy all the day..only the service was good when i had a blockage in the restrooms.
The only good thing they have was that they had free newspaper in the morning.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed two nights in this motel. Some of the rooms were recently renovated and we asked for such a room with a king bed. The room was ever so beautiful, it was really big, the bed was comfy and also the bathroom was really nice. Wifi was free. Breakfast was included in the room price and had everything we wanted. Although there are not a lot of tables we never had problems getting one. The motel has an outdoor and an indoor pool. We used only the indoor pool and were really surprised - we would not have expected the pool to be that nice. It even had a jacuzzi. The staff was always very friendly and helpful.The location of this motel is very good. I am sure you will not find a better place to stay for that price - just be sure to stay in one of the renovated rooms!

Room tip: Go for a renovated room!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephen N, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. We are extremely pleased with the upgrades and improvements and feel we will be one of the premier lodging properties in the region once we complete the process. We're glad our efforts are so well received and look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for choosing us to be your 'home base' for all your recreational activities in this area!