Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews walls are thin the owner haunted hotel next morning ceiling fan bar downstairs other guests historic bar paranormal activity bar tender fun place love this place historic virginia voice bartender silver saloon
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Booked a room in January for July 20 & 21. They immediately charged my credit card.Due to an accident in early July we were forced to cancel. They refuse to reimburse me the $143 they took.
Never had any accommodation charge when I book, but use the card to cover A no-show.

Date of stay: July 2007
8  Thank nonenow
Reviewed 14 May 2007

We were sightseeing in Virginia City and thought it might be fun to stay in this super old historic hotel. Well let’s just say it was not quite as I expected.

We went into the bar (where you pay for a room) to ask about the rooms. The place was just weird. There was a little wedding chapel off to the side which was odd. The place was utterly deserted except for a couple of locals at the bar having their lunch time brew. So I asked about the rooms… they said they were filled with period furniture which I thought would be neat. We asked for the nicest room (honeymoon suite) and paid $125. The lady gave us a bag of tootsie rolls (huh???) and off we went.

After going up some creepy windy stairs (kinda cool I must say) we got to the room. Nice view of town out the front window but the furnishings didn't seem to be quite "period." The bedspread looked like it was from the 80's and there was a dirty old dentists chair right next to the bed. I guess some people might think it was interesting, just not me. No clock, no TV…but that didn’t bother me. I just thought a lamp next to the bed might be nice?? The clawfoot tub was interesting to look at but I wouldn't want to use it. It was placed past the foot of the bed right smack on the carpet. Kinda weird. And no shower at all?? The place wasn't really dirty or anything but it also didn't seem super clean either. I dunno…I got pretty creeped out by the place and so went back downstairs to leave and ask for a refund. Well the lady at the bar said there are no refunds but she could ask her supervisor when she returned. So we left (this is only about 2pm mind you) and decided to come back later and ask what the supervisor had decided. So when we came back of course the supervisor still wasn’t there. At this point we decided to just start the 4 hour drive back home a day early. I wasn’t staying in that scary place all night! But if you are into creepy stuff you just might like this place. Overall this “hotel” seemed more old and musty than historical.

Fast forward to my next credit card statement and sure enough there was a charge for the Silver Queen in Virginia City…oh well. Sleeping in my own bed that night was worth the price…..and even though they took my money I’m still giving them 2 stars because the creepy place was definitely unique.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
13  Thank mx5alli
Reviewed 22 March 2007

I have read the other reviews and would like to say that my family and I had a great time at The Silver Queen.We stayed only one night there for my mother in-law's wedding .The whole darn family was there also, lots of friends of the family. I would imagine most or majority of the hotel was booked by us and our group of Tuolumne County-ians....We never saw any ghosty activity, maybe we were having too much fun to notice any...My family and I are now planning another trip to Historic Virginia City,to stay at the Silver Queen again,for my brother in-law's Wedding.I Know it's gonna be another great vacation!!!!!!Thank's for contributing to another one of my great memories.See you Again!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2005
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank Tuolumne
Reviewed 7 July 2006

JULY 4TH, 2006

My husband and I made reservations to stay at the Silver Queen Hotel 2 months prior to the 4th so that we would not have to drive back to Reno after the firework display. Upon our arrival we were told that we were an hour to early, wich is different than what we were told when we reserved the room. This was not a problem we would just sit at the bar and have a drink and wait until we could check in. But the lady at the bar was very rude!! There was a lack of respect for her customers. I'm sorry if she was having a bad day but I don't believe it should have been taken out on the customers that bring in the buisness.

Date of stay: July 2006
14  Thank Inspiration30491
Reviewed 4 July 2006

3 years ago my wife and I got married at the Silver Queen. This year we wanted to go have a drink and perhaps stay the night if they had room available. I called at 3:00 and asked how late they would be opened and was told till at least 800 possibly 9:00. At 6:30 we arrived and were told that they were closed, I told her of my phone call and this was the very same lady and although she took responsibility for the false information she made no effort to make things right.

We watched from across the street and she was still closing 1/2 hour later. It would have been appropriate based on this information for her to allow us 1 - 15 minute drink to reflect upon our special day while she cleaned the bar.

She ruinned our anniversary, lost the rental of a room and damaged our memory of our wedding.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, you can find better options very near by.

Michael and Connie, Reno, NV